INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: UPnP DLNA problem  (Read 940 times)

The Great

• Recent member
UPnP DLNA problem
« on: June 25, 2023, 08:30:28 am »

I am a Music lover not an Computer expert. When streaming via upnp fra MC31 to My Devialet speakers The Music stops playing i shuffle mode after Maybe ten songs more and less. I Can manually PLAY The next song but thereafter it stops playing anything again although The list of upcoming Tracks on the shuffle-list is shown on the screen.

What Can I do to make The system shuffle a genre as long as I want to?

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Looking Busy
Re: UPnP DLNA problem
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2023, 07:11:47 pm »

I've seen issues similar to this if the DLNA Controller options are not quite correct.

If you go into MC31 and right click on your renderer under "Playing Now" and select "DLNA Controller Options" try changing the settings for "Ignore Transport Events" and "Disable Setnext support".

Of course do these one at a time, but see if changing helps.

As you say you're not a computer guy, but you could also download AndrewFG's Whitebear analyser that will run an analysis and suggest settings for you at http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm

Veniamin

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2023, 12:56:34 am »

Dear users of the Media Center, please advise, if you know how to properly configure the playback of media files (Flac of different quality and DSD) from my computer Mac through a network connection to Teac NT505 DAC. When connecting via USB all works correctly and I can see on the screen of the DAC the correct characteristic of the playing file on the input and output of the DAC. For example, PCM 44.1, 16 Bit; PCM 96 kHz, 24 Bit; PCM 192 kHz, 24 Bit; DSD 64; DSD 128 and so on in the input are displayed the same way on the output, if I do not use upsampling. If I connect the DAC to the computer via the Ethernet port (LAN), then the same files are perceived on the input as MP3. For example, the file PCM 44.1 kHz, 16 Bit is seen at the input as MP3 44.1 kHz and played as PCM 44.1 kHz if I do not use upsampling. Files with a bitrate higher than that (PCM 96 or DSD) are seen on the input as a 48 kHz MP3.  I do not understand what the problem is and how to properly configure my MC25 to properly transfer files over the network and would appreciate your advice.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2023, 04:17:01 am »

Turn off conversion on the server.

Veniamin

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2023, 09:24:04 am »

Nothing is activated on the server. But can you tell me where to check and turn it off?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2023, 11:06:03 am »

Media Network options for the server.

Veniamin

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2023, 01:32:19 pm »

Thank you very much. Everything is set up, works without problems. Is there any sense in my case to upgrade from CM25 to the latest CM31? I use the program only to listen to audio files from my own music library. The CM25 version is so good that I can't imagine what could be better for me. Any advice would be appreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up