INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shuffle Problem  (Read 331 times)

The Great

• Recent member
Shuffle Problem
« on: June 26, 2023, 10:31:15 am »

The shuffle PLAY function stops playing  apparently for no reason in My newly purchased upgrade to mc 31. I stream via upnp or Maybe it is called dlna to a pair of Devialet speakers. The pc has wired Ethernet. The problem occurs Maybe after 10 songs sometimes after more. But it stops. Can someone tell What I need to do?

badger

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Shuffle Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2023, 12:12:52 pm »

Probably not the most helpful answer, but I would bet the Shuffle function isn't the problem.  I believe shuffle just creates a "playing now" list that should play just like any other selection of tracks.  Seems like a connection issue.  Maybe post some detail on your "playing to" setup.  Are the speakers wireless?  Is there a receiver or other DAC in the mix?

The Great

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2023, 07:26:06 am »

I experience the most peculiar problems when shuffling either a genre or the whole library. MC 23 never showed these problems.

The playing when in shuffling mode suddenly stops. It just stops. This happens after ten songs sometimes after 30 or after five songs. But it is sure to stop at one point, and I have to reshuffle.
Another thing is that sometimes the playing continues without changing the info and the cover art on my screen in Theater View. To my surprise it does show the right info and cover art on the JRemote on my phone. I stream via wifi UPnP from my wired windows 10 computer to a couple of Devialet speakers.   

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2023, 07:43:50 am »

Here's one possibility:

Using the older MC, you had a profile setup for your Devialet speakers to send PCM or some other common format.  If you are now sending original format or something similar, your Devialets may not be compatible with some of the formats that your songs are in.  Then next time it stops, you should check the format of both the last song that played and the song that SHOULD HAVE played.  I'd bet they are different formats.

Brian.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • 1 petard hoisting down, 3 to go - Lock him up!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2023, 12:07:28 am »

Probably not the most helpful answer, but I would bet the Shuffle function isn't the problem.  I believe shuffle just creates a "playing now" list that should play just like any other selection of tracks.  Seems like a connection issue.  Maybe post some detail on your "playing to" setup.  Are the speakers wireless?  Is there a receiver or other DAC in the mix?
I agree it is not related to shuffle, because I experience the same issue as the OP for both shuffled and non-shuffled playlists.  My setup is very simple - audio output from my computer straight to speakers/sub. 

As best I can recall, I believe this began approximately 6 months ago.  I start a playlist, and anywhere between 3 and 10 songs in (sometimes more), play will just stop right near the end of the track. Without any intervention by me however, MC will resume playing after approximately 10 to 15 seconds. It then replays the final 10 seconds or so of the track, and then advances to the next track and resumes playing normally.  If I listen to say 50 to 100 tracks, this stop behavior right before a track ends will occur several times. 

It is not related to any specific tracks, and it does not happen at the exact same point in a playlist. What is consistent is that it WILL happen at some point when I listen to 10+ songs in a row. My guess is it's related to the settings for Track Change in Audio options - maybe the checkbox for Do Not Play Silence?  Unfortunately, there are literally thousands upon thousands of permutations amongst those settings making diagnosing the issue, if it is related to that, extremely arduous.

It may only occur 3 or 4 times in 100 tracks, but it is still very annoying. Hopefully Master Matt can solve it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up