INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing Handheld and lowering hires flac sample rate  (Read 247 times)

jkrzok

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Syncing Handheld and lowering hires flac sample rate
« on: June 29, 2023, 12:08:45 pm »

So I have a new car with a USB port for audio. I'm using jriver to fill a UBS stick with FLAC files. Unfortunately the car (Hyundai Elantra with the higher end head unit) won't play FLAC files with a higher sample rate. 16/44, fine. 24/44, fine. 24/96, nope. It sees the files and displays the tag info but won't play the files; it just skips quickly through the files. I tried converting the files during sync but sure enough they came back out as 24/96. I got the same result with dbpoweramp. Short of converting the files to wav where I can set the sample rate first, are there any other options? I'd be happy if jriver could default to transferring "CD quality" 16/44 files.

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Syncing Handheld and lowering hires flac sample rate
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 12:56:03 pm »

You will need to change the sample rate using the DSP settings under the handheld conversion settings. You can selectively choose which rates to resample, same as the regular DSP.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2023, 01:06:21 pm »

BryanC is correct.  In the handheld device "conversion" section, choose the DSP options and select the sample rates to convert.  Very importantly, you must tell it to "always convert" and select the encoder type.  I tested with FLAC and it worked correctly.

Unfortunately it also converts any files that are already the correct sample rate.  It should be lossless, so that shouldn't make a difference.  Just a little bit more work for MC to do as it converts and syncs.

Best of luck.

Brian.

jkrzok

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2023, 06:42:03 pm »

That did the trick. Many thanks to the both of you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up