INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jtalk and Alexa in JRiver 31  (Read 2832 times)

Axedall

• Recent member
Jtalk and Alexa in JRiver 31
« on: July 01, 2023, 06:55:25 pm »

The addition of Alexa integration with JTalk in JRiver 30 was a great step. It seems to be working fairly well in it's current state, but I am really hoping that the dev team continues to work on this feature and expand it going forward. This is not a small feature and really should be treated as a core feature. Can the devs comment on anything that will be done for this in JRiver 31?

I for one would really like to see the ability to set stars for the track currently playing using a voice command. Something along the lines of "... tell JTalk to rate 4 stars"

Would be interested to hear what other things people are looking to see added as well.

Axedall

• Recent member
Re: Jtalk and Alexa in JRiver 31
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2023, 08:13:58 pm »

Am I really the only one making heavy use of voice commands in JRiver?

Another command I would like to see implemented is adding a star rating command to other play commands, along the lines of "Play <band name> 4 stars or higher"

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2023, 08:05:33 am »

We should be able to add the "set rating" command.  Thanks.
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

Axedall

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2023, 12:36:27 am »

Thanks for the reply... super excited to hear this! Do you expect it to be available in the 31 version or will we have to wait longer?

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2023, 09:32:26 am »

It should be pretty soon.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2023, 10:14:22 am »

The JTalk update is now available.

A big thanks to @hjreuter for all his work on the translation such that JTalk is now available in Germany.

Get and Set Rating (0-5) commands are also now available.  They apply to the current file in Playing Now.  You can now say:

Alexa, ask J Talk what is the rating
Alexa, ask J Talk to set rating to 4
Alexa, ask J Talk to clear rating

Axedall

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2023, 09:16:40 pm »

I am looking forward to giving this a try. Thank you so much for adding it!

Axedall

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2023, 09:27:52 pm »

Tried out the new rating feature and it seems to be working well. One thing worth noting that may cause some people issues is that you have to enable authentication in the program media server menu, and then you have to disable the skill and relink if authentication wasn't previously enabled.

One feedback that I would give is that after setting a star rating Alexa will repeat the entire name of the track back and tell you what the rating was changed to. This can be pretty intrusive for some longer track titles (ie. classical music) and something like a simple chime to provide affirmative feedback, or even no feedback at all would be nice options to have.

FranknKansas

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2023, 03:23:16 pm »

something like a simple chime to provide affirmative feedback, or even no feedback at all would be nice options to have.

You might consider turning on Alexa's "Brief mode".

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2024, 10:53:17 am »

JTalk is now available in Italy!  A big thanks to @notbad for doing the translation.

One feedback that I would give is that after setting a star rating Alexa will repeat the entire name of the track back and tell you what the rating was changed to. This can be pretty intrusive for some longer track titles (ie. classical music) and something like a simple chime to provide affirmative feedback, or even no feedback at all would be nice options to have.

Sorry it has been so long, but the new version just responds "OK" now when setting the rating.
Pages: [1]   Go Up