INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD Lookup does not update after first CD rip  (Read 430 times)

graham23

• Recent member
CD Lookup does not update after first CD rip
« on: July 09, 2023, 06:48:33 am »

this one is driving me crazy. I have a stack of CD's to rip. I put the first one in and MC 28 looks up and finds the correct CD. It rips. Great. I put the next CD in and it displays the data from CD 1. I click the refresh button, and it still displays the data for CD 1. I eject the CD, and insert it again. It still displays CD1 data. I close the app and relaunch it. Guess what, it still displays CD 1 data. I have a stack of CDs to get through and this just frustrates the hell out of me. A 30-minute task extends to hours. Help!

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: CD Lookup does not update after first CD rip
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023, 09:52:45 am »

Make sure you have the latest build of MC28.

graham23

• Recent member
Re: CD Lookup does not update after first CD rip
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2023, 11:52:24 pm »

Upgraded to the most recent release for 28. I just got the same issue, so that didn't fix it. Here is more info that may help. I inserted a CD which was not recognised. I noticed up in the top menu bar of the ripping screen, the details of some other CD which I don't own, were displayed, so I tried to refresh the info. Didn't work, so I ejected the disk and re-inserted it. This time I got dual notifications, 1. the data from the disk was found (I could see it on the rip CD screen) BUT then 2. a pop-up window informed me that the data could not be found. I was offered two options, cancel or rip anyway. I am not sure what the correct answer is in this case. This time I pressed cancel. Somehow that deleted the CD info, so I ripped it as Unkown Artist etc. The next CD I put in (INXS) was recognised and ripped successfully. But the subsequent 2 CD's I tried to rip were locked on that INXS CD. They were not INXS. I recall now that in the past this may have been the trigger for this issue. I have selected cancel and rip anyway, and regardless of the selection, the next CD data gets locked. The only fix is to reboot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up