INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible to use profiles to switch between projectors?  (Read 715 times)

FenceMan

• World Citizen
Possible to use profiles to switch between projectors?
« on: July 13, 2023, 08:34:29 am »

I have (2) projectors hooked up at once, both of which have different HDR and calibration settings in the JRVR settings tab.

I see how I can switch between profiles based on a lot of variables but I am wondering if there is any way to switch based on which projector I am using (say with a keyboard shortcut or something like that)?

Right now JRVR see's XMC-2 (my AVP) as the display (chain is HTPC -> AVP -> Splitter -> projectors).  I would rather not go HTPC -> projectors since I would lose the OSD of my AVR so I am trying to do this with profiles.

Is this possible?  Ideally I would like to be able to switch the general, HDR, and calibration tabs all at the same time between projector 1 profile and projector 2 profile based on something I can control, some way to tell JRVR that I am using one profile or the other.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Possible to use profiles to switch between projectors?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2023, 05:00:51 pm »

FWIW, Hendrik is working on adding the ability for users to manually switch between JRVR Profiles.

JRiver CEO Elect

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2023, 05:02:54 pm »

The design of those profiles is more for per-file overrides. If MC does not see the devices as separate entries, there is no easy solution to that.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

FenceMan

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2023, 05:11:06 pm »

The design of those profiles is more for per-file overrides. If MC does not see the devices as separate entries, there is no easy solution to that.

Ok I'll experiment with best way to make that happen.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2023, 05:22:43 pm »

Here is one idea.

From what I can see, all of JRVR's profile information is stored in the Registry --> Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Center 31\JRVR

So, It would not be hard to have two *.reg files (one for each PJ) that you could load as needed:
- Config up PJ 1 in the JRVR GUI then "export" it from the registry to "PJ1.REG"
- Config up PJ 2 in the JRVR GUI then "export" it from the registry to "PJ2.REG"

Just double click (or write some code) to load the correct REG file as you need.
JRiver CEO Elect

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2023, 05:31:01 pm »

Actually, JRVR might already work as is for you.  Under "Output" do you have two different Screens Listed (I do for my two monitors, but they are both connected) as you can configure seperate General/HDR/Calibration Settings already this way? ...or do you just have one regardless of what PJ is connected?
JRiver CEO Elect

Hoi

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2023, 06:55:36 pm »

My 4090 GPU has 1 HDMI and 3 DP ports, I use 3 displays.  I have the HDMI port connected to my LG OLED and DP1 & DP2 (DP to HDMI cable) going to my preamp.  The HDMI OUT1 on the preamp is connected to my JVC NX7, the HDMI OUT2 is connected to the JVC RS500.  All of my different JRVR HDR settings are saved and are automatically loaded depending on which display is active. 

I used to use a splitter and had to manually change the settings each time.

FenceMan

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2023, 05:25:02 am »

My 4090 GPU has 1 HDMI and 3 DP ports, I use 3 displays.  I have the HDMI port connected to my LG OLED and DP1 & DP2 (DP to HDMI cable) going to my preamp.  The HDMI OUT1 on the preamp is connected to my JVC NX7, the HDMI OUT2 is connected to the JVC RS500.  All of my different JRVR HDR settings are saved and are automatically loaded depending on which display is active. 

So JRVR sees through your AVR to the projectors?  Mine seems to only see the AVR.

I am thinking I can try going out to both projectors and AVR all at once (I have 4070 with 1 HDMI and 3 DP)?  I will just have to try but how will it know which display to pick if it sees both the AVR and a projector?

Hoi

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2023, 06:10:30 am »

JRVR sees my Marantz/JVC when I have it on and switch to the whatever display that I want to use from the Windows 10.  I use my LG OLED as my pc monitor in another room so JRVR defaults to that output device whenever I'm not using the Marantz/JVC.  I set a hotkey for each of the 3 displays to do the switching.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2023, 04:33:18 pm »

The other idea I thought of, is have a custom col. Called (say) "Projector" and a simple MCWS script you can run from a button press that would set the value to "PJ1" or "PJ2" for all videos (or even just "Blank" for PJ1 and "PJ2" for PJ2.  That way you can have JRVR Profiles being selected if "Projector = PJ2" else it stays in default. 
JRiver CEO Elect

FenceMan

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2023, 06:09:42 am »

Are you just duplicating desktop on all displays?

Right now I have (3) cables out of my 4070, one goes to 330-3D-HC projector, one to Runco LS-10i projector, and one to my Emotiva AVR.

The problem is JRVR only sees the Runco projector, even if I switch it off and power on the 330, I only have option to change settings for one of the projectors?

Edit - should I use three different displays (see attached) and then switch which is primary with a keyboard shortcut?  If so how do I do that?

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2023, 06:41:49 am »

I'd guess that you would config each separately (in JRVR) and as long as that was the only one active at the time you would be good to go (with the correct setting being applied automatically).
JRiver CEO Elect

FenceMan

• World Citizen
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2023, 06:44:27 am »

I'd guess that you would config each separately (in JRVR) and as long as that was the only one active at the time you would be good to go (with the correct setting being applied automatically).

I got it.

There is a multi monitor tool - https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/multi_monitor_tool.html

I setup batch files -

Runco.bat runs C:\Users\dishn\Desktop\MMT\MultiMonitorTool.exe /SetPrimary 1
Digital Projection.bat runs C:\Users\dishn\Desktop\MMT\MultiMonitorTool.exe /SetPrimary 2

JRVR correctly uses the options for whichever monitor is primary so everything is good.

Probably a more elegant way to do the switch like a keyboard shortcut to run the batch files but I will work on that.

Ah Windows can even do this using shortcuts so now ctrl+alt+R switches to Runco and ctrl+alt+D switches to Digital Projection.

MadVR doesn't play nice like this so +1 JRVR.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2023, 08:04:06 am »

I setup batch files -

Runco.bat runs C:\Users\dishn\Desktop\MMT\MultiMonitorTool.exe /SetPrimary 1
Digital Projection.bat runs C:\Users\dishn\Desktop\MMT\MultiMonitorTool.exe /SetPrimary 2

You should be able to use Zones with different video settings and ZoneSwitch to change to the zone you want.  [Wiki]

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2023, 08:40:54 am »

You should be able to use Zones with different video settings and ZoneSwitch to change to the zone you want.  [Wiki]
Jrvr profiles are separate to zoneswitch so you can't really do that

FenceMan

• World Citizen
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2023, 08:58:19 am »

What I did actually works really well for the unusual two projector setup.  The fact that JRVR can reliably pick which projector is the primary one and use the settings as such is more than enough.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2023, 04:37:34 pm »

Nice!
JRiver CEO Elect
Pages: [1]   Go Up