INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature request: Theater view multi-select  (Read 160 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Feature request: Theater view multi-select
« on: July 17, 2023, 10:29:42 am »

It would be awesome if there was a way to select multiple items in Theater View so that they could all be added to the Playing Now list simultaneously (via Play All..., Add All..., Shuffle All.., etc.). Currently you have to enter each item individually to add them to the list, which is very tedious when combining many files on-the-fly.

Example: I have a "Best Of" view that is filtered by [Rating] and categorized by [Artist], I would like to be able to select multiple [Artists] in Theater View in my "Best Of" view all at once and add their respective tracks to Playing Now (so I wind up with a Playing Now of selected Artists and their rated tracks).

What I'm imagining is something similar to the multi-select function in Android file managers, whereby entering multi-select mode (via overflow menu or by long-pressing an item) enables single-click selection and a multi-select submenu for multi-file operations (in MC's case, the playback options listed above). While the most natural feeling on touch screens, I know long-press and double-taps are finicky at 10 feet so perhaps a dedicated shortcut key/MCC/button would be better, and there would need to be some thought given to single-click select versus allowing users to enter nested views for deeper multi-select.

For items with nested views, the list of nested views in the top submenu would need to be replaced in multi-select mode, for items without nested views the submenu is currently empty so no problems there, I think both of these would look and feel very natural for most people familiar with touch OS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up