INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Detecting DLNA Network Bridge  (Read 477 times)

ashiers

• Recent member
Detecting DLNA Network Bridge
« on: July 20, 2023, 07:23:46 pm »

I've checked this subject over the forum and it appears I'm not the only one with this problem.  Still the other posts don't solve my problem.  I was hoping that obtaining the latest release of MC would have solved this issue, but apparently not!

I have two computers.  One runs an old Windows 7 OS, the other is running Linux Mint 21.  I have JRMS 31 loaded on both machines.  All I want is for JRMS to detect my Sonore UltraRendu via DLNA over the network and stream to it.  On my Windows machine it takes a good 20 minutes or more for it to even pick it up and on my Linux laptop even longer.  See images attached.

When I attempt to stream to the UltraRendu from the Windows box it's flaky at best.  Often times I loose connection and the music stops.  In this case, I have to reset everything (close everything down and relaunch). With the Linux laptop, if the UltraRendu shows up at all, when I try to stream to it I get nothing.  Both computers are hard wired to the network.  In both instances of JRMS I've gone into the Tools/Options/Media Network/Add or Configure DLNA Servers and have added Generic DLNA. See image attached.

As an aside, I have an android cell phone with JRemote2 installed.  It has no problem locating the UltraRendu and streams to it no problem.

Please advise.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Detecting DLNA Network Bridge
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2023, 09:44:55 pm »

It's JRiver Media Center, not JRMS.  You could use just MC or JRiver and we'll know what you mean.

Windows 7 is not supported.  The Linux you're using is also not supported. 

In settings for the renderer, try changing SetNextAVTransport.

Scobie

• MC Beta Team
  • Looking Busy
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2023, 01:54:14 am »

Can also see that the Sonore's local Media Server is enabled. Can you try disabling that and see if it helps?

Also have a look at:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=122736.0
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=116112.0

Richard Martin

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2023, 03:19:58 am »

Try using Andrew's DRM analyzer to see what is happening.
It should suggest settings for JRiver
http://www.whitebear.ch/dmra.htm

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2023, 09:43:44 am »

Since you are having discovery issues I'd suspect a hardware issue like either a bad renderer or a network issue (like a bad switch or a router that's doing multicast filtering on the SSDP packets)
Pages: [1]   Go Up