INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Override MKV Subtitle with Customizations?  (Read 263 times)

Drybonz

• Junior Woodchuck
Override MKV Subtitle with Customizations?
« on: July 23, 2023, 12:04:08 pm »

Is there a setting that will allow jriver to override .mkv subtitles that normally stay white with your subtitle customizations (color, style, etc)?  In other words, most .mkv's will take my customization settings from jriver.  I would like all .mkv's to use those settings... I had read somewhere that some players have settings to override this problem.  Thanks for the help.

Drybonz

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Override MKV Subtitle with Customizations?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2023, 10:56:28 am »

Ok, so what it looks like I was asking about are .ass format subtitles in .mkv's.  Apparently, from what I have read, it is possible to overwrite the format (color and font, etc) of these subs, but I cannot see a way to do it in jriver.  Is this possible?

lepa

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2023, 11:13:53 am »

Tools >> Options. Write "font" (without quotes) to bottom search bar to filter to relevant settings

Hendrik

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2023, 11:23:37 am »

The style of ASS subtitles cannot be overwritten. You can only define a default style for subtitle scripts which don't have any style information.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Drybonz

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2023, 11:26:55 am »

I'm not sure what the benefit of this .ass format is, but it seems like if your player can't customize them like normal subs that they aren't that useful.  Is there a way to easily convert them without too much of a time investment?  Thanks for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up