INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: discontinue use of media jukebox 8 and 9  (Read 1510 times)

Douglas_E_Miller

• nothing more to say...
discontinue use of media jukebox 8 and 9
« on: January 01, 2003, 06:44:05 pm »

Having paid for media jubebox 8 and then the upgrade to 9 I find the software far to flawed for the price.  Keys that expire after two days or four days etc. Keys that were sent but do not appear in the about box.  Thanks but at least with musicmatch I have some assurance that the program will work tomorrow.  I do not ask for a refund as I will consider that the cost of learning and in this case twice.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: discontinue use of media jukebox 8 and 9
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2003, 04:14:25 am »

If you decide you want to try again, there's a good FAQ here:

www.mediajukebox.com/license

We're in transition between two versions and we've made some mistakes.  One of the older versions of 9.0 expired.

I'm sorry if you feel you've been burned.  If you can pose a specific question about your problem, we may be able to help.

grahamk

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2003, 08:02:12 am »

Good luck with musicmatch.

It's a pretty good program until you start to build a decent sized library, then it starts to bog down really badly and crash often.

There are features in musicmatch that media jukebox does not appear to have, but not many, and media jukebox has many more features that pretty much just leave musicmatch in the dust.

I suggest giving the media jukebox folks a chance to make things right and start using and getting used to the software. You probably will end up doing it anyway - the more you use musicmatch, the more you will start wanting the type of features media jukebox has.

Just my personal opinion, I have bought both programs, run both programs, and media jukebox came out way on top.

Now, if I could just get my money back on that musicmatch license.... :-)

Graham

musikmstr

• Recent member
  • I'll try anything once......more if I like it!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2003, 09:24:11 am »

;DLet's put it this way.....I have been using MJ for over 2+ years with NO hitches other than my own silly mistakes. I have tried probably ten to 20 different players and I will maintain with MJ. IT IS THE BEST out there! I use it daily at work and everyone that comes into my lab asks how can it sound this good. I just tell them what I'm using, MJ along with Q-Sound. I love it. Keep up the good work guys! You have me as a permanent user!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2003, 09:50:54 am »

>> There are features in musicmatch that media
>> jukebox does not appear to have
Yep, And If you count the options in MJ, MJ\MC Has More

>> It's a pretty good program until you start to build
>> a decent sized library, then it starts to bog
>> down really badly and crash often.
tell me about it, Did anyone say Like A snail?

I always went back and forth from one Player (Real) To MusicMatch Untill I found Media Jukebox. Sure it has It's problems but the other two also have there problems.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

mm1434

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2003, 01:55:26 pm »

Just being able to stream music, sharing the same library is huge...

The program has gotten better of the last couple of years.  I bought version 7 when it first came out and haven't paid for any other updates (using 8 now..)

The other thing is that support is awesome.  I remember last year (I can't remember the guy's name), a staff member called me at work and home to help me out..  That's worth a lot to work with folks who know more than we do that will help us get the music to flow...

My 2 cents...

Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up