INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC31 changed some tracks  (Read 249 times)

fredimac

• Recent member
MC31 changed some tracks
« on: July 25, 2023, 11:50:28 am »

An old bug, after starting the trial I switch to audio only.
At some albums I see not the real title, but the same title at different tracks.
On some tracks the meta information are changed too, so I searched with Find Any File for changed in past 24 hours. With Mp3tag I corrected this.

Past time ago with older MC version -->
I had already 'enjoyed' the fact that media center changes the meta data - I had to copy all the music data back from the backup!
How can you prevent Media Center from changing the metadata?

Now I delete the MediaCenter directory in Library. But now I could not register my trial period new.
M1 (Apple Silicon) MacMini, 16GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Sonoma 14;
DAC: Jan Meier Corda Daccord; JRiver Media Center 32, Audirvana Studio, Fidelia, foobar2000; some other software for ripping, editing, testing, play.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC31 changed some tracks
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023, 12:27:14 pm »

MC only changes metadata when you take an action inside MC to change it.  For example, if you edit the Name field.  Or if you use a function from Library Tools that operates on the metadata.  MC will not change metadata by itself.  On import the only thing it will want to write is the field called [Date Imported].  It won't change anything else unless you tell it to.

If you want to make sure that MC will not write to your files, you can set this:

Tools > Options > General > Importing & Tagging > Update Tags When File Info Changes > (uncheck)

MC will not write tags to files with that setting unchecked.

I am guessing that you are looking at two different fields in two different programs.  Or perhaps you have rules set for auto import that change tags.  Or maybe you are clicking around in MC's interface and accidentally changing tags.  MC will not change them by itself.

Best of luck to you.
Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up