INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album Shuffle does not work  (Read 266 times)

harryragg

• Recent member
Album Shuffle does not work
« on: July 25, 2023, 05:55:36 pm »

I hit the album shuffle and it does not run. I don't even get a check mark when I choose album shuffle. What is going on here? What I am not doing. This was the only reason I updated my JRiver Media Center.

harryragg

• Recent member
Re: Album Shuffle does not work
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023, 06:08:35 pm »

I figured out one way to shuffle albums if anyone is interested.  Under the Audio, point your mouse to the Albums and right click.  Go to More Play Options.  Go to Play Shuffled Albums (in track order)

I am sure there are other ways that are simpler. But it does the job for me.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2023, 06:18:37 pm »

You need 31.0.38.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2023, 08:26:50 pm »

It sounds like you are looking for a way to play your whole library or something similar.  The method you described is one way to do that.

You might also enjoy Play Doctor.  PD plays similar songs and albums based on what you seed it with.  Play Doctor appears when Playing Now is empty.  Or you can choose it from the right click menu, similar to what you described.

Now about the new Shuffle Albums feature:
JRiver MC has several ways of shuffling songs.  There's shuffle mode.  There's also "reshuffle".  Shuffle Mode keeps shuffling things and puts a check mark next to it, to indicate that mode is on.

But "reshuffle" is not a mode.  It's a command.  It tells MC to "reshuffle" all songs in Playing Now.  Mix them up randomly.  This is actually really nice.  You can add a handful of albums and choose reshuffle and all of the songs are randomized.

So what is "shuffle albums"?  It's very similar to reshuffle.  It randomizes Playing Now, one time when you select it.  But it keeps albums together and their tracks in order.  So it shuffles playing now, but by album, not by individual song.

I hope this helps.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up