INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Analysing video on import even though analyse video is unchecked  (Read 320 times)

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I did the following

* create clean library
* turned off sidecars
* configured autoimport to just import (i.e. unchecked all the analyse options in both folder settings and additional tasks)
* ran auto import

in the logs I can still see lines such as

Code: [Select]
0031678: 23544: Playback: CJRVideoAnalyzeExtended::AnalyzeFile: Using 'W:\Some\Film\BDMV\STREAM\00103.m2ts' as Blu-ray reference clip
0031732: 23544: Import: CJRVideoAnalyzeHelper::AnalyzeFileDX: Finish (31722 ms)

so it appears to have disregarded those choices and is running analysis anyway

Hendrik

• Administrator
Re: Analysing video on import even though analyse video is unchecked
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2023, 06:26:17 pm »

The analysis checkbox only controls black bar detection, as the naming of the option should reflect, unless I missed it somewhere. Other metadata is always extracted (dimensions, fps, audio info, and all that), as it should only take a relatively short time. This has always been the case, the amount of data it reads has just been expanded.

Although for Blu-ray discs in particular its still slightly inefficient because it opens it first with DirectShow to get the basic metadata of the entire main title through LAV, and then re-opens a single clip with the new analysis for the other metadata. We should unify this at some point, which should speed it up, but currently its limited because the cross-platform video engine doesn't support Blu-rays. Judging from your log excerpt, most of the time is in the old DirectShow part (which hasn't changed for quite a while), because the extended analysis (the new part) only seems to take 54 milliseconds, while AnalyzeFileDX took 31 seconds.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2023, 01:22:14 am »

you're right, I (mis)read "Analyse audio for video files" as "Analyse video files".

Any idea what that time (for the dx analysis) depends on? wondering how to make my auto import testing faster.

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2023, 02:58:35 am »

Honestly I'm surprised its that slow, not sure why that is. Almost sounds like its hitting some kind of timeout.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters
Pages: [1]   Go Up