INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT: BookCrossing/Book on the Run  (Read 802 times)

ama_mmmc

• World Citizen
OT: BookCrossing/Book on the Run
« on: February 20, 2003, 07:14:34 am »

I was sitting down this past Sunday morning with my morning coffee, reading the Boston Sunday Globe, anxiously awaiting the arrival of what was one of the worst/best (depends how you look at it) snowstorms the east coast has ever seen.  I came across an article that I thought may interest a few of you relating (in a indirect way) to the Book on the Run saga that we all hope is successful!

This article although informative, really is not the main point that I am trying to get too.  There was a web site listed, www.bookcrossing.com, where you can go sign up, and get "Book ID's" for a book that you have read, and then you are encouraged to "leave" your book when you are finished with it, in a place that someone else will find it.  The hope is that after reading said book, that the reader will log on to this site, and add their comments regarding the book, and that the originator of the "ID", will be able to follow the progress of the book.  Sounds like a good idea.  

Anyway, I thought I would share that with you all.  Hope you all have a fantastic day!!!

Drew

zevele10

Re: OT: BookCrossing/Book on the Run
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2003, 08:22:59 am »

No time to read much on the site right now ,but i just put it in my bookmarks.

This is just GREAT and brillant. Really a great idea.
We need more more places like it on the net.
A great thank you for the link.

I have few books in english in double. First paperback second hand edition and after regular and new edition because i like the book very much.
So i will put some around me.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: OT: BookCrossing/Book on the Run
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2003, 08:39:48 am »

and if that don't work try

www.lostandfound.com
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up