INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FR: Add checkbox to disable "Fix broken links" in Restore Library window  (Read 148 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

Currently when a library backup is restored, the "Fix Broken Links" auto-import setting is also restored. This usually makes sense, but often when I'm restoring a library backup the underlying files have moved in the meantime, and thus they are removed by "Fix Broken Links" if that option was enabled in the backup.  I end up having to restore the library then quickly navigate to the auto-import settings to disable Fix Broken Links, sometimes I am fast enough, other times not (and it's difficult to tell when a subset of entries have been removed). Annoying especially when you're already in the position of having to use a library backup in the first place.

The two reasons I usually install an older library backup that may not match my current file layout are:
  • To read/gather data (in this case the underlying files are irrelevant and the library is just loaded temporarily).
  • To actually restore the backup as a new permanent library (in this case I use RM&C "Update Database" mode to handle filesystem changes).
In both of these scenarios I don't want Auto-Import to fix broken links.

Thanks for considering!
Pages: [1]   Go Up