INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved] Use sidebar and standard view for audio analysis (à la Converter)?  (Read 337 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe

I've been running Analyze Audio often lately to generate waveform and crc data for imported media files. Unfortunately, since Analyze Audio is performed in its own popup window, once an analysis is started I'm locked out of Standard View until its done. Sometimes this can be for hours or even days on a large library. I can work around this a little with MCWS commands, but it would be nice to have full control of MC while the Audio Analysis is running.

Is it feasible to move the audio analysis progress from its own window to a sidebar popup with progress details available in a standard view (like the Converter), so that it's still possible to use MC while the analysis is running?

blgentry

Re: Use sidebar and standard view for audio analysis (à la Converter)?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2023, 02:41:52 pm »

That's very surprising to me.  I just tried this on my Mac and the analyze audio popup is entirely separate. I can move it resize it, etc. While it's running I can use all of the basic functions of MC that I tested:  Selecting files, changing tracks, navigating tabs, etc.  Are you saying the Windows version makes the main window unresponsive, even if you move the analyze audio window out of the way?

Brian.

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2023, 02:49:07 pm »

That's very surprising to me.  I just tried this on my Mac and the analyze audio popup is entirely separate. I can move it resize it, etc. While it's running I can use all of the basic functions of MC that I tested:  Selecting files, changing tracks, navigating tabs, etc.  Are you saying the Windows version makes the main window unresponsive, even if you move the analyze audio window out of the way?

Brian.
The Mac version might not disable the underlying window.
The windows behavior is probably the intended behavior.
Hopefully Matt will chime in.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2023, 02:49:29 pm »

Yeah, it's a modeless dialog so you should be able to use it and MC at the same time.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bob

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2023, 02:50:57 pm »

That's interesting. I wonder what's going on for BryanC?

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2023, 03:12:43 pm »

This is on Linux, and apparently Linux-specific, so feel free to move. I just tested again on a smaller subset of files and you are correct that the window is indeed modeless. I don't know why I was unable to interact with Standard View when doing larger batches over the past few weeks (maybe a WM bug?), I will do some further testing and try to replicate.

For now consider the issue closed, thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up