INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Panasonic DP-UB820 Blu-Ray slow DLNA access  (Read 639 times)

taltalon

• Recent member
Panasonic DP-UB820 Blu-Ray slow DLNA access
« on: August 07, 2023, 04:24:05 pm »

Hi All,
I just got this nice blu-ray box. it has DNLA support. But alas, very slow to access Media Center v31.

I configured every possible checkmark permutation on the DNLA settings on MC, but nothing helps.

Once I invoke to access the DNLA functionality from the Panasonic , it is looking for the DNLA server and gives up, saying no servers found.
then I wait 1-3 minutes and then the Media Center on the Mac shows up. Once it's up I can access it and it works fine.

if I back out and try again - the same issue persist, for some reason it cannot find the MC DNLA server.

I have tried with my SONY 800XM2 Blu-ray player  too - and it finds the MC very fast. no problems what's so ever.
I am on a wired 1Gb link on Panasonic/Sony. Mac mini M1, latest MacOS, also connected on 1Gb network interface.
No firewalls, no tricks. The Sony works with MC without any issue, only the Panasonic has issues.

As MC had issues - I tried with another DNLA Server for the Mac - Serviio. and It works flawlessly with the Panasonic. it finds its instantly.NO issues what so ever.

Seems MC has some issues here with the Panasonic... any ideas what to do?

Thanks
Tal

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Panasonic DP-UB820 Blu-Ray very slow DNLA access and other issues
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2023, 05:16:14 pm »

Changing MC DLNA options won't make any difference to device discovery.
There are 2 ways devices are discovered, via the initial hello sent out by MC (and other devices) when they first start and the periodic notifications every minute or so there after.

You might try restarting MC and waiting until the device tree fills and see if the device finds MC or right-click on playing now and do "refresh dynamic entries"

taltalon

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2023, 04:40:13 am »

Thanks, but something here doses not make sense.
Why MC fails to work properly with this player while Serviio another DLNA server for the Mac - works flawlessly.
Doesn't it mean that MC does not properly behave DLNA wise? is there a log I can look at to see what is the issue?

I also tried to add Bind Only To="192.168.1.66" to the DLNA section to enforce to bind only to the ethernet interface on my Mac. does not help.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2023, 05:03:05 am »

Different settings?

DLNA, please. 

taltalon

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2023, 01:21:36 pm »

I dont see any settings in MC or Serviio that relate to discovery. I just added shared libraries and that's it for Serviio. very simple. set its Generic DLNA as I tried with MC...
and I was told by bob in previous reply that there are no settings that I can make in MC that has any impact on discovery...

dejanm

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Panasonic DP-UB820 Blu-Ray slow DLNA access
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2023, 01:30:32 am »

I have similar problem with my Weiss DSP501. It supports DLNA and it works fine for a while and then it starts losing MC31 dlna server. The connection suddenly disappears. Therefore, I gave up JRiver as a DLNA server.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Panasonic DP-UB820 Blu-Ray slow DLNA access
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2023, 01:43:19 am »

When you're playing to a DLNA Renderer, right click on its name in the top section of Playing Now.  There are some options you can try.  See attached image.

Three of the options are for broken renderers.

Pages: [1]   Go Up