INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot access JRVR stats until clicking playback screen  (Read 438 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Cannot access JRVR stats until clicking playback screen
« on: August 11, 2023, 04:22:00 pm »

I use a Windows PC as a "thin client" for playback. It boots, logs in automatically, and starts MC Theater View. Recently I've noticed that I'm unable to bring up the JRVR stats screen (Ctrl-J) during playback (I'm using a Flirc to emulate Ctrl-J, no physical keyboard is attached) after a reboot. All other functions (Theater View navigation, OSD, playback controls) work fine. It's only after I login remotely via VNC and click the playback screen that I'm then able to bring up the playback stats via the remote. After that it works perfectly, even after playback is stopped and restarted, until the next reboot. This didn't used to be an issue, but I do not know when it started.

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: Cannot access JRVR stats until clicking playback screen
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2023, 04:42:58 pm »

FWIW, it's a "Focus Issue".  If the playback window is not "in focus", then pressing CTRL+J is actually doing the default MC shortcut for "check for updates".  CTRL+J will only bring up the JRVR Stats when the playback window is the one in focus.
JRiver CEO Elect

Hoi

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2023, 07:10:03 am »

I usually hit the pause button during the initial playback and then play/pause.  Ctrl-J will show the JRVR stats after that.

Manni

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2023, 04:07:12 am »

I agree it's new (not sure when it started) and annoying. Yes, it's a weird focus issue, but it's only an issue with JRVR, so it's not a player focus issue (particularly when launching the player full screen, as I do). CTRL-J works fine right away with madVR in JRiver, so it's clearly an issue specific to JRVR, not to the player itself. It would be nice to get it fixed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up