INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using JRiver client as a remote control for a server?  (Read 761 times)

RudieV

• Recent member
Using JRiver client as a remote control for a server?
« on: August 13, 2023, 07:48:09 am »

Hello, I read a lot about using JRiver server for sending music to a client but I have a different question. I want to control the server and play ON the server via a JRiver cient. Explanation: I work on my work station PC in one corner of the room but my stereo is in the other side of the room. The stereo is connected to JRiver on my Multimedia pc and I control JRiver via DW service from my work station. Then I read that I can use the JRiver copy on my workstation to control the Multimedia JRiver. This I achieved but the music is sent to the workstation. I want to play the music on the stereo. Is there a setting I overlooked?

With the Panel interface I found the setting but I prefer to use the JRiver interface instead of the Panel interface.

Your help is highly appreciated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Using JRiver client as a remote control for a server?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 08:16:50 am »

On the wiki please read about remotes and especially Tremote.

RudieV

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 09:10:41 am »

On the wiki please read about remotes and especially Tremote.

I did. That was my starting page but I did not find anything about my question of having the output on the stereo and not on my work station.
If you can enlighten me where I can find the info on the settings it would be much appreciated.

markf2748

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2023, 09:27:51 am »

I did. That was my starting page but I did not find anything about my question of having the output on the stereo and not on my work station.
If you can enlighten me where I can find the info on the settings it would be much appreciated.
From the TRemote wiki page:
Under the client's Playing Now, the remote machine (the server) should show up. You can drag content to it or just click on it. Everything should then play on the server.

Did you try that?  The selection order can be a little counter-intuitive until you get used to it.  (1) First click on your server machine (which should appear) under Playing Now at the top of the Tree.  Your Content Panel will change to reflect that player selection.  (2) Then select your music and play it, choosing whatever tabs you like in the Content Panel.  To see an interactive overview of what is happening, click on Playing Now > Overview

RudieV

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2023, 11:12:01 am »

From the TRemote wiki page:
Under the client's Playing Now, the remote machine (the server) should show up. You can drag content to it or just click on it. Everything should then play on the server.

Did you try that?  The selection order can be a little non-intuitive until you get used to it.  First click on your server machine (which should appear) under Playing Now at the top of the Tree, then select your music and play it.  To see an overview of what is happening, click on Playing Now itself.

Thanks for your trouble. I realised something was wrong with my JRiver install and uninstalled it. Reinstalled it and now it works properly. In Now Playing there now appears besides Player also an option There and then I can easily play something on the server. Thanks again for your replies. JRiver is a great MC but quite complicated. Wish JRiver would add streaming services like Qobuz etc. With the playback quality it would be a hit and better than Roon. Roon is too bloated.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2023, 11:17:37 am »

You can play Qobuz or any application audio through MC by using the WDM Driver (wiki).
Pages: [1]   Go Up