INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Time-Shifting  (Read 1487 times)

Carl

• Recent member
Time-Shifting
« on: February 19, 2003, 08:30:56 am »

When trying to use time-shifting, MC is not properly muting the source audio. This has been a known issue with ATI's TV application and the Audigy sound card. This was fixed with MMC 7.7.01 and the .253 creative drivers. The way things should work is that the source should be muted when you pause in time-shifting and the time-shifted audio should start playing when you start playing again. Right now if I pause I still hear the live audio. When I resume play I hear both live audio and the time delayed audio. This function does work properly on my system with ATI's MMC 7.7.0.1.

Carl

Media Center Registered 9.0.115 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Unknown 1399 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 654 MB, Free - 464 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive H:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive I:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive N:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G: LITE-ON  LTR-52246S         Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Drive H: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-105    Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Drive I: LITE-ON  LTR-48125W         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Time-Shifting
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2003, 09:07:28 am »

This function does work properly on my system with ATI's MMC 7.7.0.1.

That is why you should junk ATI MMC  :D

If the sound does not work properly in MC (source not mute), then most likely you have not set up the audio channel properly. Go to Configure TV and look at the first page (called "Audio") and make sure you have selected correct sound device and audio channel from the drop-down lists. Neither list should be left blank.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Carl

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2003, 09:18:02 am »

I think you mis-read my post. It does not work properly in MC. It does work in the ATI applications. My audio source is set up properly in MC. MC is not properly handling the "Record without Playback" function of the creative .253 drivers. I will agree that ATI MMC is not the best and I am posting this as I would rather use MC for this function but again time-shifting in MC does not properly mute the live audio on my system using an Audigy 1.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2003, 09:39:10 am »

I think you mis-read my post.

On my initial reading I did miss your first sentence though, but got it on my second reading - before I posted. My remark on junking MMC is largely a joke. And I indeed misread the last sentence.

OK, so you did select correct sound device from "Choose Mixer Device" box, and you did select from "Choose Audio Line".

You are saying when you click Pause, the Line-In channel (or whichever connection you have) is not muted? Did you check the Volume control and see that it is not muted?

Carl

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2003, 10:04:27 am »

Yes to selecting the correct device, it is as follows:
Choose Mixer Device - SB Audigy Audio [C0000]
Choose Audio Line - Line-In

When I click pause in MC the Line-In channel is not muted. This is the correct source as this is how the Radeon is connected to the Audigy. A little more info here is that it does not matter what source (Line-In, Aux, CD, etc) I select, I still have audio from Line-In. It appears that MC is unable to control the mixer in my case. I have a fresh install of the creative drivers and the fact that other applications are able to control the mixer indicates to me that this is a MC issue. Perhaps this evening I will put the SB Live card in and see if it works with MC, unless anyone has any suggestions on how to get MC to control the mixer. Maybe I need to do a fresh install of MC??

Carl

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2003, 01:16:39 pm »

O.K. got it fixed. Removed all of the creative drivers and applications. Deleted creative directories and cleaned the registry of all creative entries. Re-installed creative drivers and the few Creative applications that I use and now time-shifting works in MC. Looks like something was preventing MC from taking control of the mixer. Happy now.... ;D

Carl

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2003, 02:01:55 pm »

That is why you should junk ATI MMC  

I still think this is a good responce however.

I can't get ATI MMC to work correctly in higher res.

MC9 works better picture wise.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Carl

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2003, 02:18:22 pm »

I agree that ATI MMC is junk. MC offers better configuration for the recording formats and now that it works for me I'll be using it. The only other thing I would like to see with MC time-shifting is the ability to speed up the playback, audio and video, as it is useful for catching up to the live broadcast.

Carl

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2003, 02:50:50 pm »

>> I agree that ATI MMC is junk. MC offers better
agreed but lets not go overboard Yaobing may get a big head.

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2003, 03:10:33 pm »

HELLO

I agree that ATI MMC is junk. MC offers better  

Yes and no.

Some of us people are stuck with ATI for right now.

MC cannot do at this point it time what ATI and Showshifter can do.

Hopefully one of these days it can.

Just my opinion
Griff

Carl

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2003, 05:11:55 pm »

I guess I'm being a little harsh on ATI's MMC. It does offer features that MC does not yet have. For instance I can control the multimedia functions with the ATI remote in MMC. This is not available in MC. So for now I will use both until MC includes all of the useful features, and maybe some new and better ones, that MMC has.

Carl

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2003, 05:14:17 pm »

agreed but lets not go overboard Yaobing may get a big head.

It's OK. It is my job to make sure this thing works, at least for most people. Thanks King.

Maybe I need to do a fresh install of MC??

Carl,

Reinstalling MC may not help a lot in this case. For TV problems, deleting the registry key
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox\TV Settings
sometimes works.

The sound card driver may do something out of ordinary, so my ordinary method of controlling it does not work. I have to find out what it is though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up