INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sending WMA to Sonos Arc  (Read 715 times)

TopDownDriver

• World Citizen
Sending WMA to Sonos Arc
« on: August 16, 2023, 12:43:30 pm »

Just got the Sonos Arc and sounds fantastic.  I can use JRemote to send my FLAC files to is without any issue as it shows up on the network as a renderer.

However, my issue is that 99% of my library is in WMA Lossless (don't ask why or tell me to convert it to FLAC, it is too large for that).  What I am looking for is a way to realtime transcode the files into something that the Arc will play, or even another way to have my JRiver library play on the Arc.

Open to all suggestions, except the ones mentioned above.

Thanks!

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sending WMA to Sonos Arc
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2023, 04:57:17 pm »

Under Media Network you can specify that wma files get converted to another format in the advanced option for the server configuration. You can convert some formats and let other go through as they are. Try that.  If you have other Sonos speakers, if you group them with the Sonos app, all will play when you send the file to the Arc.

TopDownDriver

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2023, 05:42:56 pm »

No dice.

Under Client Options - Changed it to convert Audio if necessary to MP3.  Did nothing.

Did you have something else in mind.  Tried it in JRemote2 as well and could get nothing to play.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2023, 08:16:43 am »

No dice.

Under Client Options - Changed it to convert Audio if necessary to MP3.  Did nothing.

Did you have something else in mind.  Tried it in JRemote2 as well and could get nothing to play.

You need to set the conversion option for the DLNA server, not a client.

Under Media Network select Add or Configure DLNA server. Then select the server you are using (the one associated with the Arc) and under Modify, select Only When Necessary. Then Advanced under Audio and then Audio Format to Convert. Select WMA and any others you want to convert. The Only When Necessary does the conversion only for the formats listed.  Simply changing to Only When Necessary may be enough, as that converts WMA and other uncommon formats.
Pages: [1]   Go Up