INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View Expression For Playing Now: What fields are valid?  (Read 240 times)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

I just discovered this setting, which controls the metadata display in Theater View's Playing Now.

I expected that all of the fields that work in the Player Strip, in Standard View, would apply.  Things like [Remaining Time] for example.  But that field does not work.  I can't seem to fine any reference to what fields are valid here.  I know there are some "special ones" because the default contains [Total Time Display], which is not a normal library field and I've never seen it anywhere before.

Thanks for any help.

Brian.

markf2748

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Theater View Expression For Playing Now: What fields are valid?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2023, 09:32:27 am »

I expected that all of the fields that work in the Player Strip, in Standard View, would apply.  Things like [Remaining Time] for example.  But that field does not work.
Just to be clear about terminology:  In the case of Player Bar in Standard View (and apparently by association also Mini View), the special metadata you are asking about are called "Variables", even though the notation makes them look and behave like "Fields". 

For Player Bar in Standard View, the Variables appear in Player Bar > Customize Display > "down-pointing triangle" > Insert Variable.  They can also be typed directly into the customization window, once you know the variable name to enter.  In Theatre View I don't see any equivalent for customizing Playing Now. 

When customizing a View in Theatre View, the edit window has a "down-pointing triangle" with Insert Variable, but the variables list does not include the ones you would most likely be interested in, so it's not a useful source of variable names.

For Player Bar in Standard View, the only documentation I've found, aside from an old forum post, is the Insert Variable list itself.  Nothing comparable in Theatre View AFAIK.

So yes, it would be nice to learn more about Theatre View Variables.

Win 11 Pro (64-bit)   MC 31.0.45  Skin: Black on Black (slightly modified)  Theatre View Skin:  Obsidian
Pages: [1]   Go Up