INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: View changed [Solved]  (Read 461 times)

jackpod

• Junior Woodchuck
View changed [Solved]
« on: August 22, 2023, 07:06:10 pm »

Today when I started Media Center the view has changed. Used to be I would double click the desired title and the file would be full screen and moving the mouse to the top of the screen would bring up the controls, Today when I double click the title I get the entire top bar on top of the playing file and it does not go away and has 3 tabs file view and player. There was an update when I started media center today. I use Media Center on a very basic level as i have for many versions. If I start Media Center on one of the other computers from the same library (DNLA) the view is what I am used to. I need to get back to the way it was

jackpod

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: View changed
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2023, 08:04:54 pm »

More info.. If I go to the affected systen under view "Display View" is checked, if I switch to "Standard View"" I get the full screen in the action window in the lower left corner but unable to enlarge it to the entire screen. On the other system "Standard View" is checked by default. How do I get Standard View to be the default?

jackpod

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2023, 08:49:50 pm »

Are Playlists saved in a library backup. My data is stored on a NAS and imported from a share. If I copy the last library Backup, reinstall media center, import the files and restore the library what will I have lost? This is very discouraging that 2 different systems exhibit different behavior.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2023, 12:38:32 am »

Yes, playlists are saved in a backup.

Explore Tools > Options > General > Behavior

It's DLNA, not DNLA.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2023, 07:27:53 am »

If you restore the library you do not have to import the files. The library restore provides all the information that is needed. The media files just have to be in the same location as they were.

jackpod

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2023, 08:52:58 am »

Thanks for all the help. I'm sorry if I appear to be an idiot, it happens as you get older. I spent the first 30 years of my life prior to the introduction of the IBM PC.

jackpod

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2023, 09:44:44 am »

IT"S FIXED! unfortunately I don't know what it was. I went to my office computer (Which was not affected), remoted into the Living Room computer (where the library resides) and compared all the settings, which were all exactly the same. I then restored from a backup from a couple days ago and both instances are working as they should. Thanks again to all that responded with suggestions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up