INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JPG Crash  (Read 285 times)

comox

• Galactic Citizen
JPG Crash
« on: September 01, 2023, 02:06:23 am »

I'm seeing crashes with 31.0.50.

I'm doing exactly the same activities that I did with 31.0.46 which never crashed.

First persistent crash happened yesterday and was (I thought) caused by me trying to tag some M4A audio. I've had problems with that format before so instead of reporting the problem I transcoded the files to mp3 and the problem seemed to go away.

Then today when trying to tag some jpgs MC crashed. When I restarted MC and checked for any database corruption by running auto-import, MC again crashed when trying to read the jpgs, which MC thought had changed because it crashed before changes from previous sessions were saved. Log attached for this crash.

I then deleted the jpgs, restarted MC, and re-ran auto-import. MC reported the missing jpgs as expected but did not crash.

I suppose this could be caused by a bad jpg but I've never seen this problem before and have tagged many thousands of jpgs.

comox

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JPG Crash
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2023, 02:21:07 am »

I reverted to 31.0.46 and am seeing same crash with same jpgs so problem is not new in 31.0.50.

Irfanview (my jpg viewer/editor) reports no problem with the jpgs.

I see some changes to jpg handling were made in 31.0.44. Let me know if you want me to revert to earlier version.

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2023, 02:40:54 am »

I isolated the crash to a single jpg file.

Attempting to import or tag this file consistently crashes MC.

Problem jpg is attached.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2023, 03:23:23 am »

I can reproduce the crash.  Thanks for the file.
Pages: [1]   Go Up