INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Song Lists on Albums are Duplicated  (Read 283 times)

dfglazer

Song Lists on Albums are Duplicated
« on: August 24, 2023, 11:42:14 am »

I recently put all my music on G-Drive, settings for the music folder are set to available offline, so computers in different locations are synced. I also put the library in G-Drive. I then deleted the old library.

Now when I click on an album in the top pane the list of songs in the lower pane lists all the songs twice; one for the version on G-Drive and one for the superseded version on the C: drive. So I deleted the albums from the C drive.

The songs are still listed twice. Media Center plays the first song from G-Drive and then quits because MC cannot find the second instance of the song. Any ideas on how to make Media Center forget the superseded versions?

Daniel

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Song Lists on Albums are Duplicated
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2023, 12:13:16 pm »

1.  It's not recommended to put the Library (MC's database) on any kind of remote storage.  It's not even recommended to put the Library on network storage.  It should really be on the machine that has MC installed.
2.  You can remove the references to the music on your C: drive by simply searching for them in MC, highlighting them, and pressing delete.

You can do a search for something like C:\Music in the search box.  It will show you all of the results.  Then highlight them and delete.  Make sure you have the correct files selected first!

Best of luck,
Brian.

dfglazer

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2023, 12:28:21 pm »

What would be the downside of storing my files on G-Drive? I was trying to set up a computer to be a web based server but it was too complicated due, I think, to router security settings that were not accessible to me.

Thank you for your comments, I am trying to get a new method implemented but it seems that there is always some complexity lurking.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2023, 12:43:36 pm »

What would be the downside of storing my files on G-Drive?

Putting the music files on google drive isn't too bad.  You might experience some delays here and there.  You might have a total outage; particularly if your Internet access goes down.

The Library, which is MC's database, is a different thing.  The database is accessed in real time for all kinds of things.  Every search.  Every view.  Every change.  All of that touches the database files.  The performance of the MC interface is directly dependent on getting fast access to the database.  Putting those files on google drive is a bad idea because it could make MC perform very sluggishly, or in the worst case, might allow some corruption to happen.  Database files should be stored locally.

Best of luck.
Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up