INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto-Shutoff Feature?  (Read 649 times)

MediaMongrel

• Recent member
Auto-Shutoff Feature?
« on: August 24, 2023, 10:29:01 pm »

Hi there.  My JRiver media centre runs on my Windows laptop running a mobile 3060rtx.  After watching something, leave it open in the theatre menu area and walk away... only to come back later and hear my laptop fans running on high, even though the app is idle. 

I don't see a setting to automatically shutdown JRiver after a certain amount of time of inactivity.  Is there such a feature?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Auto-Shutoff Feature?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2023, 12:58:32 am »

There are background processes that can be running, but they will finish at some point.  Thumbnails are built, cover art is retrieved, and so on.

MediaMongrel

• Recent member
Re: Auto-Shutoff Feature?
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 09:06:16 pm »

Thanks for the reply.
When I observe this phenomenon... I'm not talking early on after loading the app.  This is after I've watched a show on the app for an hour or two, then gone to another room for another hour or two, before I just happen to be walking past the living room to notice my laptop fans on high.  I'd think by then, any (new) files/thumbnails would've had ample chance to be updated in the library (if any).   Is that really an extended process that's processor heavy and is cycled every hour or two or three - simply searching and researching for new files to add to the library?   

If so, maybe if I turn-off "auto import", that won't happen any longer?  But that would kinda suck, having to always manually update the library.  Hmn... it might be nice to have an 'auto import' option that just runs one time, each time you 1st open the app, rather than cycled every so often, if it's going to take up so many resources, just sitting there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up