INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video view Tracking & Sync not working  (Read 421 times)

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
Video view Tracking & Sync not working
« on: August 26, 2023, 12:34:45 pm »

I have had this issue for months now. For years it has always worked. Now it doesn't.

When i watch a prerecorded video file, after watching the theater view listing has a check mark that I just completed watching that episode. However it doesn't stick and eventually will not be there any longer.

Plus it doesn't sync with the server. So any videos I watch on the client never are indicated as watched on the server machine.

When i try to manually sync the Library on the client machine i get the following message;

There was a problem sending changes to the server.

Changes are only accepted from authenticated clients.

Enable authentication on the server in options > Media Network.

This is driving me nuts!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I have jr 31.46 on both my server machine & the client. I have auto sync with server selected

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Video view Tracking & Sync not working
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2023, 12:58:07 pm »

Did you enable authentication on the server?  It's required.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2023, 01:13:04 pm »

Jim, ironically i just came back to add that to my post. Yes, I’ve enabled that and have the correct credentials entered. I shears can use this library to view videos, TV, etc.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2023, 01:35:18 pm »

Try reconnecting. 

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2023, 01:51:31 pm »

What do you mean, exactly? I’ve rebooted, removed and reinstalled jriver, without success.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2023, 02:28:38 pm »

Any other ideas? Would really like to resolve this issue.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2023, 02:53:21 pm »

When i watch a prerecorded video file, after watching the theater view listing has a check mark that I just completed watching that episode. However it doesn't stick and eventually will not be there any longer.

Plus it doesn't sync with the server. So any videos I watch on the client never are indicated as watched on the server machine.

When i try to manually sync the Library on the client machine i get the following message;

There was a problem sending changes to the server.

Changes are only accepted from authenticated clients.

Enable authentication on the server in options > Media Network.
That error explains what MC sees.  It can't sync because authentication isn't set on the server.

Or you have some security software preventing it.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2023, 02:58:26 pm »

Authentication is enabled and I'm able to use its library. I can do everything except sync and track what I watch on the client.

I'll check the security.

jrdiandrea

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2023, 12:18:32 pm »

After several cumulative hours of trouble shooting & looking for problems and having my IT folks from my business look into the security, router and any other potential network problem my client still will not automatically nor will it manually sync the watched video to or from the server. When I try to manually sync it I get the error code mention abovel. It did for years but a few months ago stoped. I cannot find anythjing incorrectly set....but doesn't mean something isn't. I just can't find it., I have the newtwork setup and use the jriver generated access key for access and the credentials entered.

HOWEVER.....it will sync if I close jriver on the client. what several minutes and then restart it. I then sleect the sync button, a spinning icon appears (whatever it's called) and a few seconds latter stops. I get no notification whatever but the library is now synced...the videos I just watched ot where I left off on the server is marked on the client so I can continue where i left off.

There's gotta be an issue....again, maybe something I'm doing wrong but i sure can't find it. Really frustrating. Any direction or insight will be appreciated.

Thank you
Pages: [1]   Go Up