INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist Tracks Changing Unexpectedly  (Read 287 times)

rileywc

• Recent member
Playlist Tracks Changing Unexpectedly
« on: September 20, 2023, 12:52:12 pm »

I cleaned up several playlists by Removing many tracks.  Several days later I noticed that those same tracks were back in the playlists.  Why did this happen and how can I prevent it happening again?

I didn't notice the change immediately and I did do multiple Restores to old Library backups followed by a Restore to the latest backup after making those Playlist changes so that might be involved somehow but I am certain Playlists was checked in the Restores so I doubt this is the reason.  Perhaps the tags for the Removed tracks required an "Update Tags from Library" to be made permanent but I don't see an easy way to select tracks I have already Removed because they no longer appear in the playlist.

I do have "Update tags when file info changes" checked.

Thanks!!

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: Playlist Tracks Changing Unexpectedly
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2023, 02:59:35 pm »

If you make a bunch of changes to playlists, it's best to do a backup immediately. 

You probably restored before it did a backup and your changes were lost.  Just a guess.

rileywc

• Recent member
Re: Playlist Tracks Changing Unexpectedly
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2023, 05:37:53 pm »

I should have mentioned in my initial post that I did do a backup immediately after making the playlist changes because this happened once before and, like you, I thought it possible that I hadn't done a backup soon enough so I made certain to do one ASAP this time.
Pages: [1]   Go Up