INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can the Menu item "Audio" be stopped from automatically expanding when clicked  (Read 281 times)

jack wallstreet

• Citizen of the Universe

This is minor, but annoying and I am wondering if I have a setting wrong.  The audio item in the tree pane always expands (for me) when clicked.  I don't think any other item does that.  Am I missing a setting.  If I am not, is there a reason to have this be the only item to expand when clicking?   It might be nice to change that behavior (if there is no control on it now).
John

marko

• MC Beta Team

You'll need two things...

1. Right click on "Audio" and select "Customize View". In the central options list, look for, and tick, "Allow tree selection". OK your way out ignoring all the dire warnings.

2. Go to "Options > Tree and View > Tree" and uncheck "Auto expand"

Job done.

jack wallstreet

Wow.  Thanks.  Worked.  I had previously unchecked a auto expand, but the "allow tree selection" checkbox I would have never found.  I still don't understand why that is needed to prevent auto expand and didn't see it in the Wiki.  This is such powerful and adjustable software.  It is really amazing.  I may have to play with these settings, but it now does what I want.  Thanks again.
John
Pages: [1]   Go Up