INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie cover art doesn't stick  (Read 314 times)

pphilpot

Movie cover art doesn't stick
« on: September 28, 2023, 04:49:10 am »

Hi all - I have searched for this but didn't find an answer.

I'm running this on MacOS 10.15.7 Catalina, and I cannot get movie covers to stick - either from online, file, or pasting. Audio covers are fine, it's just the movie covers.

My PC version is fine.

Any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Movie cover art doesn't stick
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 09:06:44 am »

Where are the movie files being stored? Perhaps your Mac doesn't have permission to write in that folder?

pphilpot

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 05:32:08 am »

Thanks for the idea Bob - they are in the user "Movies" folder. Music is in the user "Music" folder, and cover art "sticks" to music files in that directory ok. I just moved the movie files to a new folder within the "Documents" folder, but I'm still facing the same issue.

I have the jpeg cover art file in the same folder as the movie file, and when I try to apply it, it just doesn't "stick" :(

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2023, 02:31:19 pm »

Thanks for the idea Bob - they are in the user "Movies" folder. Music is in the user "Music" folder, and cover art "sticks" to music files in that directory ok. I just moved the movie files to a new folder within the "Documents" folder, but I'm still facing the same issue.

I have the jpeg cover art file in the same folder as the movie file, and when I try to apply it, it just doesn't "stick" :(
If you look under System Preferences, Security and Privacy, Files and Folders do you see permissions for MC31 there?
If not, you can add them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up