INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sonore OS 2.9 & Gapless  (Read 524 times)

amsco15

• World Citizen
Sonore OS 2.9 & Gapless
« on: September 30, 2023, 01:04:39 pm »

I own a Sonore Signature Rendu SE.  Sonore just released their new operating system OS 2.9.  I believe I have a new problem with gapless playback (note, I have not gone back to 2.8 to verify, it's some work to get to the back of my system).  I have been successfully using Sonore devices on a MediaCenter/DLNA network for several years now.  Playback via DLNA, as far as I know, has been perfect until 2.9. 

With no DLNA Controller options selected, at exactly 20 seconds of playback remaining, there is a short stoppage of music/tic.  Selecting Disable SetNext Support moves that tic to the song transition (it does makes the tic worse).  I tried several combinations of DLNA Controller Options without resolution of the issue.

I have the DLNA sever configured as follows:

Audiophile 24-bit DAC
Mode: Original
Advanced:
Bitstream DSD
DLNA
DLNAExtra

My system has been so configured for years.  I have the following equipment:

MediaCenter (latest stable version) running on Win10>Sonore Signature Rendu SE>USB Out>PS Audio DSD mkii.

Everything works as it should using ROON.  I have reached out to Sonore but am trying here as well.

Any ideas?  Anyone else experience this?  Thanks!!!

amsco15

• World Citizen
Re: Sonore OS 2.9 & Gapless
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 12:23:57 pm »

Just to close the loop, as I suspected, reverting to Sonore OS 2.8 resolves the gapless playback issue.  I have left a message for the sonore folks on Audiophile Style.
Pages: [1]   Go Up