INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: accessing Preview Image  (Read 492 times)

comox

• Galactic Citizen
accessing Preview Image
« on: October 04, 2023, 12:58:48 pm »

My favorite feature for viewing and culling photos is Preview Image.

It seems the only way to access Preview Image is via right click on an image. I cannot find Preview Image in the menus and it's not possible to add it as a toolbar button and there is no keyboard shortcut.

I'm organizing some photos after not working with images for over a year. I fumbled around for a few minutes before I could find Preview Image.

Such a useful feature should be more visible.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: accessing Preview Image
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2023, 01:27:19 pm »

When you hover over an image thumbnail, you should see a magnifying glass type of icon appear in the top left corner of the thumbnail. Click that. Is that what you are referring to?

Also, recently new, simply double clicking the image should open it in that same viewer. Does that help at all?

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 04:11:13 pm »

Thanks for refreshing my old memory.

The magnifying glass is an excellent way to Preview Image.

Double clicking also works but only if:
1) Options\General\Behavior\Double-click on image opens Preview is enabled; and
2) Options\General\Behavior\Double-click is not set to Replace Playing Now (all) - this is not intuitive, could it be a bug?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2023, 10:43:19 pm »

2) Options\General\Behavior\Double-click is not set to Replace Playing Now (all) - this is not intuitive, could it be a bug?
Possibly. I like that double click opens in the preview view, but, like you, also find it unreliable. For me, if the file list also contains video files, the image will open in display view.

comox

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2023, 12:49:35 am »

I discovered a side effect I do not like when Double-click is not set to Replace Playing Now (all).

When I'm playing music and then double click an imported data file to read about the music, the music stops and opens the data file.

If Double-click is set to Replace Playing Now (all) then the music keeps playing as desired when I double an info file to read about the music.

It would be great if you would please fix this because I really like double clicking to Preview an image but I can't use it if it breaks reading info files smoothly.

Pages: [1]   Go Up