INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Differences with other programs for magazine  (Read 944 times)

MarkCoutinho

• Citizen of the Universe
Differences with other programs for magazine
« on: February 17, 2003, 04:27:26 am »

Hi all,

Here in Holland one of the big computermagazines has published a overview/test of different music-databaseprograms.
Very interesting, but... No MediaCenter is mentioned!

I want to write them to tell them about MediaCenter, as I'm enthusiastic big time about it.
But as I do not use/have used any other program, I don't know the differences between MC and other programs (WinAmp, Magix, What'sThatThingCalled by Microsoft and some other).

So... what makes MC so special?
Shoot please!
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

Marko

Re: Differences with other programs for magazine
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2003, 08:20:30 am »

Assuming that the article in your magazine gave some kind of "pros and cons" summary for each app they reviewed, can't you read these?

Then, as you read, you'll find yourself thinking...
"MC does that".... "and that"..... "and that too, but better"..... etc. etc. etc.

Then consider the library tasks and options MC's flexibilities present to you that none of the others do.

Then you will have answered your own question :)8):)

Harry_The_Hipster

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 09:33:47 am »

Sound for one thing. Had to run Winamp this AM - double-checking the actual playtime on files that MC wwas cutting off (see other thread). Couldn't believe how poor the sound quality in Winamp is.

Not to mention the Winamp GUI, which is cluttered and difficult to navigate. MC is quite intuitive, with readily accessible icons for numerous functions.

HTH

Listening to: 'Minor Thesis' from 'Art Blakey And The Jazz Messengers Big Band - Live At Montreux And North Sea' by 'Art Blakey' on Media Center 9.0

MarkCoutinho

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2003, 09:13:34 pm »

Marko: the pros and cons of other programs are the usual stuff which MC has too.
I do not use all the facilities MC offers (video for instance), so I don't know the differences with other programs.

Matt/Jim: are you interested in giving me some ammunition for a letter, so your program might get some more users?
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios
Pages: [1]   Go Up