INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not able to burn with MC  (Read 924 times)

jcouch93

• World Citizen
  • I'm confused...
Not able to burn with MC
« on: February 17, 2003, 05:21:22 pm »

Starting this thread at the request of JimH...

Here's a repost of what's happening:

I still can't do ANYTHING having to do with burning.     If I click the "Burn" button MC just goes into a frenzy of accessing the HD for about 2 min's and THEN the Analyzing Devices dialog pops up. (When I say wildly accessing, I mean that the HD light just flashes off and on the whole time.)  It stays on that without updating until I either close MC or I click on another part of the tree.  Even when I close MC, opening windows explorer or My Computer is VERY slow until I reboot.  If I re-open MC, I get the same wild HD accessing just like before (as if it's trying to complete whatever operation that was cut off previously).

I've checked Task Manager and looked at all the processes but I can't see anything that shouldn't be there.  MC doesn't show up, so it looks like it's closed.  I don't remember that last time that I used MC to burn, probably at least 3-4 weeks ago.  It burned then with no issues.  

phatrabt

Media Center Registered 9.0.114 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1727 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 775 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive V:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G: LITE-ON  LTR-24102B         Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Not able to burn with MC
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2003, 05:27:29 pm »

XP does it's own burning.  Try shutting it off.

I don't have Bill Gates' home number handy just now.  Maybe google would help.

jcouch93

• World Citizen
  • I'm confused...
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 07:05:43 pm »

Thanks for the reply Jim!  As for XP's burning, that's disabled already.  The only piece of software that I've installed after burning successfully before was called Alcohol 120%, which creates a virtual CD-ROM drive (That's what drive V is in my system info).  Maybe that could be messing up MC since that drive doesn't actually exist...  But that still doesn't explain why when I let it actually get to the burn dialog (it takes at least 5 mins) MC has loaded EVERY track in my library for burning!  

I've done a reload using an image and I'll see what it does after I re-install...

UPDATE:  Did a reload using an image and a clean re-install.  Don't get the lockup\slowdown anymore but I DO still get the "if I click the Burn button and then Audio CD MC loads all 1900 tracks for burning."  If I have no tracks on my library then nothing is loaded in the Burn CD dialog.  I confirmed this by deleting all but a few tracks from my library and hitting the button again and seeing that the 9 tracks that were left in my library were now in the Burn CD dialog...

UPDATE #2:  I found that whatever I am looking at in the library, if I press the Burn button and select Audio CD, MC places into the burn dialog.  I don't think it should be like that...
phatrabt

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2003, 03:41:57 am »

When you click the "burn cd" button, whatever tracks you currently have selected get sent to the burn dialog. If you have "Media Library" in the tree selected and click on "burn cd", then the entire media library is sent to the burn dialog.
Try just selecting the tracks you want to burn and clicking the "burn cd" button. Or, drag and drop the tracks you want onto the CD burner drive in the tree. Or you can select things you want to burn and right click on them, then select "Send to..." and choose the burner. You can also drag things onto the "target" right above the tree. Tracks can be dragged from within MC or from windows explorer.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up