Devices > Apple iPad, iPhone, iPod, Airplay

iOS 17 and JRemote Audio Streaming Error

<< < (3/3)

vbphil:

--- Quote from: bob on October 16, 2023, 02:51:03 pm ---You could check this message:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,135796.msg941178.html#msg941178
Also, I think you should be able to use MC to do this with the file in place.
I would back up all of my files first of course!!
You use library->convert format and convert it back to ALAC replacing the existing file (which is why you should have a backup).
When MC writes a ALAC file it will put the MOOV atom in the correct place.

--- End quote ---

thanks Bob for the help!

I did check out that other topic. I have ffmpeg and could script something that processed the whole folder to another folder. May try that and see how it does. I have all my original ALAC files backed up 7 ways to Sunday so no problem there.

So, another thought is to revisit why I chose to go from ALAC to AAC. Maybe you have some advice on that. I needed smaller files to put on my iPhone and USB thumb drives to use in various places. I chose AAC over MP3 from reading it was smaller files and better quality. If MP3 files don't have this streaming issue with MOOV atom when processed by Platinum Notes and actually sound just as good as AAC I should start over with ALAC to MP3 with MC, then Platinum Notes for the final processing. Turns out I have plenty of room on my iPhone and with the 64GB thumb drives.

bob:

--- Quote from: vbphil on October 16, 2023, 03:45:52 pm ---thanks Bob for the help!

I did check out that other topic. I have ffmpeg and could script something that processed the whole folder to another folder. May try that and see how it does. I have all my original ALAC files backed up 7 ways to Sunday so no problem there.

So, another thought is to revisit why I chose to go from ALAC to AAC. Maybe you have some advice on that. I needed smaller files to put on my iPhone and USB thumb drives to use in various places. I chose AAC over MP3 from reading it was smaller files and better quality. If MP3 files don't have this streaming issue with MOOV atom when processed by Platinum Notes and actually sound just as good as AAC I should start over with ALAC to MP3 with MC, then Platinum Notes for the final processing. Turns out I have plenty of room on my iPhone and with the 64GB thumb drives.

--- End quote ---
mp3 doesn't have the issue.
A 320kbit mp3 (MC options VBR encoding & extreme) should sound as least good as a 256k mp4 file and will be a similar size.

vbphil:

--- Quote from: bob on October 16, 2023, 04:09:20 pm ---mp3 doesn't have the issue.
A 320kbit mp3 (MC options VBR encoding & extreme) should sound as least good as a 256k mp4 file and will be a similar size.

--- End quote ---

As a final note. I tried ffmpeg on one of the AAC files. It wouldn't work by overwriting the existing file. The new file it created didn't have all of the tags that the original had. I added the file to MC and tried updating the tags but for some reason it didn't work, as I never saw the tags in the Tag Dump screen. Anyway, the resultant file did play correctly in JRmote, no streaming error.

I kind of doubt that Miked In Key cares about this issue and fixes Platinum Notes so my final decision is to process the ALAC file to MP3 with MC and then Platinum Notes. I should be good to go.

bob:

--- Quote from: vbphil on October 16, 2023, 04:45:06 pm ---As a final note. I tried ffmpeg on one of the AAC files. It wouldn't work by overwriting the existing file. The new file it created didn't have all of the tags that the original had. I added the file to MC and tried updating the tags but for some reason it didn't work, as I never saw the tags in the Tag Dump screen. Anyway, the resultant file did play correctly in JRmote, no streaming error.

I kind of doubt that Miked In Key cares about this issue and fixes Platinum Notes so my final decision is to process the ALAC file to MP3 with MC and then Platinum Notes. I should be good to go.

--- End quote ---
If you convert the files in MC the tags will be retained in the mp3.
Library->Convert Format

vbphil:

--- Quote from: bob on October 16, 2023, 04:55:09 pm ---If you convert the files in MC the tags will be retained in the mp3.
Library->Convert Format

--- End quote ---

yup, already kicked it off. MP3, VBR, Extreme. 2808 files to go on this run. All tags intact. Thanks again for your help, Bob.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version