INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Selecting files from existing libraries to a new one  (Read 547 times)

fegelmej

• Recent member
Selecting files from existing libraries to a new one
« on: October 14, 2023, 08:47:08 am »

I will try my best to formulate this question coherently.  It's likely I'm missing a key understanding that would make the ask easier. I have several libraries with different focus that mirror the physical file structures.  Because of the friendliness of the MC UI I would like to select files from the different libraries and combine them into a new library.  I recognize I can select individual folders in the IMPORT function, but that is tedious.  I would like to select files from the Audio UI and place them...? Is there a more elegant solution that eludes me?  Thanks.

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: Selecting files from existing libraries to a new one
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2023, 09:10:41 am »

Highlight the files you want to move, Right click on them, select Library Tools>Rename, Move, & Copy Files.  Go through the box selections that you want and then select OK.

Do a few at a time to make sure they're doing what you want before doing a mass group.  I still don't do more than I can double check because I have had a squirrelly response once in a blue moon.

Hopefully this is what you're looking for.

fegelmej

• Recent member
Re: Selecting files from existing libraries to a new one
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2023, 07:54:22 am »

Yep, that gets it done.  Thank you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up