INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Smart List  (Read 419 times)

HaWi

• Citizen of the Universe
Help with Smart List
« on: October 14, 2023, 02:04:06 pm »

I am trying to build a Smart List that contains the following:

All Schubert compositions whose Work_Type field contains either Solo Piano OR Piano Duet

I have tried to build the Smart List as follows using the suggested brackets (see attachement):

([Media Type is  Audio                        AND    Composer contains Schubert            AND     Work_Type contains Solo Piano])        OR    (Work_Type contains Piano Duet)

However, this yields an empty list. When I remove the last rule (about the Piano Duet) I get the correct list of Solo Piano Pieces. Is there something not working with the brackets? They also revert to a completely different set when I close the list an re-open.

Many thanks for any help!
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.53 64 bit): 2740
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.52 64 bit): 3176
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.5 | JRMark (32.0.52 64 bit): 9025
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.53 64 bit): 1393
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Help with Smart List
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2023, 03:35:09 pm »

"AND" is always implied by default, so you don't need the square brackets here. "A OR B" need to be wrapped in parenthesis, like so: (A OR B)
Try:
Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] [Composer]="Schubert" ([Work_Type]="Solo Piano" OR [Work_Type]="Piano Duet")
Copy the code, press the "import/export" button on the edit smartlist dialogue, delete what's there, paste, and ok your way out. Better now?

HaWi

Re: Help with Smart List
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2023, 10:24:30 am »

"AND" is always implied by default, so you don't need the square brackets here. "A OR B" need to be wrapped in parenthesis, like so: (A OR B)
Try:
Code: [Select]
[Media Type]=[Audio] [Composer]="Schubert" ([Work_Type]="Solo Piano" OR [Work_Type]="Piano Duet")
Copy the code, press the "import/export" button on the edit smartlist dialogue, delete what's there, paste, and ok your way out. Better now?

Thank you so much, Marko, I got it to work.
Interestingly, after I pasted the code, everything was fine with the list but the editing window had an empty line, no big deal. Then, I wanted to add the modifier, Remove duplicates of [Composition], and that resulted in only the Piano Duets showing up in the list. Then I modified the empty row to [Work_Type] contains Solo Piano and the list appeared perfectly.
Just for my education, I think I understand how to build the code for Rules. How do I add Modifications to the Results in code form?

Again, many, many thanks, I really appreciate your help!

EDIT:
One more thing: Even though I now have all the tracks that I expect in the SmartList, there is one additional outlier (see attachment), specifically, a track that does not fulfill the Rules, i.e. is not by Schubert (but by Prokofiev) and I have emptied the Work_Type field (which was indeed Solo Piano).
The Smartlist is defined by
[Media Type]=[Audio] -[Composer]="Prokofiev" [Composer]="Schubert" ([Work_Type]="Solo Piano" or [Work_Type]="Piano Duet") ~nodup=[Composition]
Any idea why that is? I am baffled.
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.53 64 bit): 2740
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.52 64 bit): 3176
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.5 | JRMark (32.0.52 64 bit): 9025
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.53 64 bit): 1393
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro
Pages: [1]   Go Up