INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver volume control coupled to DAC volume control  (Read 509 times)

gulp

• World Citizen
JRiver volume control coupled to DAC volume control
« on: October 18, 2023, 02:34:19 pm »

I lost this connection and JRiver volume no longer changes my DAC’s volume but did at some time. Can anyone say what this depends on? I don’t remember what I might have changed…

gulp

• World Citizen
Re: JRiver volume control coupled to DAC volume control
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 04:44:34 pm »

Bump…is there any setting influencing if the HW’s volume is changed with JRiver’s volume or not? Or is it just a question of a HW option/switch.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2023, 06:35:20 pm »

If you're using DLNA, the renderer controls volume. 

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2023, 07:44:11 pm »

Thanks! But I used the Bridge II streamer card inside the DAC before and sliding the JRemote volume changed the DAC’s volume. Now I use the Airlens streamer and I can only adjust the DAC’s volume with the remote. The JRiver slider no longer influences the DAC’s volume. No idea why.

craigmcg

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2023, 11:50:40 am »

Hi,

In my limited experience, I found that I had to experiment with the Tools- Options - Audio Device with either  USB Audio and the device ASIO or WASAPI then experiment with the Volume Options (at top left corner of the main screen available by clicking the small speaker icon under the big buttons). If you set the volume options to system the slider should change the overall volume or Internal/application which would work only within JRiver (or using the WDM driver).

Not sure which combo will be the secret sauce for you but this should be a starting point.

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2023, 12:16:14 pm »

Thanks, that may be a little different. I can’t use the direct connections, just DLNA, which is configured otherwise…I had connected JRemote-DAC volume before, but lost it at some stage of config and now try to find the reason.
Pages: [1]   Go Up