INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After update to .77 DSD128 does not work well  (Read 340 times)

Paul S.A. Renaud

• World Citizen
After update to .77 DSD128 does not work well
« on: October 24, 2023, 08:53:04 am »

After update to .77 DSD128 files do not play well; it sounds like all files' speed +/- 2x less the normal speed. DSD64 works fine (as weel as all FLAC). I cannot check DSD256 because I do not play those files. I did not change any settings in JRiver since updating version (as far as I am aware; maybe by accident??!!). If I switch "Bitstreaming: DSD" to "Bitstreaming: None" everything works fine again but all music is converted to  >= FLAC 358. But that was not goal. My goto DAC for JRiver is a Chord which can handle everything up DSD256. In .71 and before, DSD128 worked fine.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: After update to .77 DSD128 does not work well
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2023, 03:05:05 pm »

There was a bug introduced with the last build with regards to DSD when cleaning up the CoreAudio support.
It will be fixed in the next build coming shortly.

Paul S.A. Renaud

• World Citizen
Re: After update to .77 DSD128 does not work well
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2023, 07:31:11 am »

There was a bug introduced with the last build with regards to DSD when cleaning up the CoreAudio support.
It will be fixed in the next build coming shortly.

Thanks for that. I have to add that I initially claimed that DSD 64 had not problems. That is not true, DSD 64 has the same issues as DSD 128. But, again, the solution is in the making. .78 has solved the issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up