INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is anyone using the kamrui ak1 plus n97 as an htpc?  (Read 624 times)

thane108

• World Citizen
Is anyone using the kamrui ak1 plus n97 as an htpc?
« on: November 04, 2023, 04:42:00 pm »

Just wandering if anyone has tried using KAMRUI AK1PLUS Mini PC with Intel Alder Lake N97(up to 3.60 GHz), 16GB RAM 512GB ROM Small Desktop Computer, 4K UHD Mini as an HTPC.

I'll mostly use it to display photos and play music from my desktop.

It runs windows 11 - so I'm assuming no issues with JRiver, right?
Perseverance wins out in the end!

eve

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is anyone using the kamrui ak1 plus n97 as an htpc?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2023, 06:11:22 pm »

Just wandering if anyone has tried using KAMRUI AK1PLUS Mini PC with Intel Alder Lake N97(up to 3.60 GHz), 16GB RAM 512GB ROM Small Desktop Computer, 4K UHD Mini as an HTPC.

I'll mostly use it to display photos and play music from my desktop.

It runs windows 11 - so I'm assuming no issues with JRiver, right?
N95 - 16GB of RAM should be more than fine for music and photos (not to mention perfectly usable for video)
The listing on Amazon mentions the '512GB ROM' is an M.2 SSD so you should be good to go. Occasionally these miniPCs use EMMC storage as their boot. This can lead to problems since EMMC is generally more unreliable for systems (lots of small writes, like an OS does wear them down and in general their performance is much worse than even a low end SSD)

thane108

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2023, 11:49:43 am »

Thanks - I installed it yesterday and it works great - after I remembered to change my desktop server from public to private - dumb, dumb, dumb . . .

I am amazed that such a small computer can run windows 11 and support 4k uhd.
Perseverance wins out in the end!

eve

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2023, 04:47:07 pm »

Thanks - I installed it yesterday and it works great - after I remembered to change my desktop server from public to private - dumb, dumb, dumb . . .

I am amazed that such a small computer can run windows 11 and support 4k uhd.

These things are wild. Thanks to Covid and Pi shortages, x86 for some of these use cases became reasonable and in fact a better choice both financially and functionally.
I've long said that most people using the newest Pi for many use cases are doing it wrong, it's either way more capable than needed, or could be use a little bump.
The 'functional' / ease of use side of things becomes more apparent once you stray from the Raspberry line. Drivers on ARM are a minefield, drivers for these x86 systems? A walk in the park by comparison.
Pages: [1]   Go Up