INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver Media Center 31 (Windows) Audio DVD & Blu-ray Question  (Read 464 times)

GHoel

JRiver Media Center 31 (Windows) Audio DVD & Blu-ray Question
« on: November 06, 2023, 10:38:32 pm »

I strictly use JRiver Media Center 31 for audio ripping, playing, and organization and nothing more.  Media Center does not recognize Audio DVDs and Audio Blu-rays as music (audio) like it does with Audio CDs.  Instead, it defaults as if it were loading a video DVD or Blu-ray where you cannot view the tracks nor play them as with an audio CD.  Instead, it is as if you are viewing them on a tv with a Blu-ray or DVD player.  With JRiver, you get unaffiliated tabs such as "Get Movie & TV Info" as if the DVD / Blu-ray were not coded as audio.  Is there a setting on Media Center 31 that will allow all Audio DVDs and Audio Blu-rays to simply be loaded and viewed with the tracks as audio CDs, played, and ripped as with an audio CD when it is loaded, barring any security features and a message or icon saying that these cannot be ripped.

Thank you to any takers!

P.S. - I have looked at probably 10 different posts having to do with this area and still cannot ascertain a simple answer or setting as the posts get too complicated and into the weeds with other information.  I wish I were a sound or software engineer, but unfortunately, I am only a simpleton.  If this is possible, the only information I need are the clear, succinct, and simple steps to do this.  If not, then I am sure the answer is too complicated for me and need to steer clear of Audio DVDs & Blu-rays for future reference.  Could be security features as well involving the need for plug-ins, tabs, and the like, which from the posts I have seen are not easy to follow and really complicates things in the way of expending many hours trying to figure it out, if it can be figured out at all.

The discs involved are Blu-Ray Quadio (192 Khz) and DVD (5.1 Surround & 24/96 Stereo Mixes).

Again, thank you to any takers!

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Re: JRiver Media Center 31 (Windows) Audio DVD & Blu-ray Question
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2023, 11:57:49 pm »

Here is the Wiki on how to do it currently using particles - https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Particles

It would be great one day to have particle creation be enabled by Chapter (a very old request) that would make this much easier.
JRiver CEO Elect

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
Re: JRiver Media Center 31 (Windows) Audio DVD & Blu-ray Question
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2023, 08:28:06 am »

Another solution is to extract the audio tracks.  Two step process.
1) Make backup with MakeMKV
2) Extract tracks from backup with product such as DVD Audio Extractor.  It's paid product, and provides meta database for tagging.  There may be other products to do similar, but this is one I use.  It has free 30 day trial period that provides full functionality.   https://www.dvdae.com/

Tracks can be extracted to flac (and other) format.
Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h
Pages: [1]   Go Up