INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Make a Wish  (Read 20650 times)

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Make a Wish
« Reply #200 on: January 05, 2024, 10:57:07 pm »

Please allow us to set a program default for list column alignment, or let it be set in field manager?

I get that people who code or spend days at a time in excel like their numbers right aligned, but my brain hates it. I initially think the column is empty, then realise it's right aligned, so set the alignment to left... for every affected column. It really irks me :)

MasterC

• Recent member
« Reply #201 on: January 06, 2024, 11:36:20 pm »

Theater View overhaul  ;D
How about a Theater View overhaul?

The recent thread(s) on this were quite impressive, but getting it all working is largely restricted to the realm of the Advanced/Expert users.

-

Gapless playback for Atmos music would be very nice - lots of Atmos discs now but no gapless playback.

davewave

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #202 on: January 07, 2024, 04:42:45 pm »

Either an integration of sacd_extract (or your own implementation that does the same thing). It'd allow the user to be able to extract DSF/DFF files from SACD ISOs without doing any sort of conversion. Could also potentially allow the user to be able to "convert" DFF to DSF or vice versa by unpacking the file and changing only the container (and not the data), to avoid any conversion, especially the PCM conversion in the middle.
+2

Please show some love for SACD/DSD/DFF/DSF.   The current approach of putting PCM in the middle is really not the way to go.

DocCharky

• Recent member
« Reply #203 on: January 08, 2024, 02:31:28 am »

As someone who use JRiver as a video player only (for JRVR), I'd love the ability to ditch/hide all the media center / audio / TV stuff I never use (and don't intend to), and have a clean and simple "video player" view, akin to MPC-HC/BE or VLC, with a few basic controls like play/pause, next/previous, audio and subtitle tracks, you know the type.
Charky

"Rule #1 : If it works, don't change anything."

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #204 on: January 08, 2024, 03:39:33 am »

Doc, see Simplified Interface on the Wiki.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Simplified_Interface

flac.rules

« Reply #205 on: January 08, 2024, 04:09:17 am »

Spotify Connect

I would second this, but i don't know how it is with licensing and so on. I have several zones, and getting spotify to play to a given zone in MC is not that smooth the way things works today unless i have missed something).

DocCharky

• Recent member
« Reply #206 on: January 08, 2024, 11:30:45 am »

Doc, see Simplified Interface on the Wiki.

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Simplified_Interface
Thx! You already pointed that wiki page to me in another forum IIRC. I've already tried to streamline the interface using some of these tips but, IMO, it's not simplified enough, with lots of different tabs and sections and menus and options and subsections I simply don't use.

I can easily live with that, mind you, but hey, the thread is called "make a wish", isn't it?  ;D
Charky

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #207 on: January 08, 2024, 11:44:06 am »

As someone who use JRiver as a video player only (for JRVR), I'd love the ability to ditch/hide all the media center / audio / TV stuff I never use ...
All possible.  You can also modify Theater View to suit your needs.

DocCharky

• Recent member
« Reply #208 on: January 09, 2024, 01:50:21 pm »

All possible.  You can also modify Theater View to suit your needs.

I appreciate the effort. But Theater View is a Kodi-like interface and none of the other current tips and tricks I saw and tried will make JRiver look like what I'd love to see: a basic video player akin to VLC or MPC-HC/BE ;)

Again, that's OK, I get that JRiver's entire point to be a kind of media swiss army knife with 45 tools and I might be the weirdo who just needs one of them and would love to keep all the others folded ;)

I can live with that.
Charky

bogdanbz

• World Citizen
« Reply #209 on: January 10, 2024, 02:25:40 pm »

DocCharky, you get one vote for me too, I also wish for a slimmed down mode of operation that resembles that of simple media players (e.g. MPC or VLC).

DustyYevski

« Reply #210 on: January 10, 2024, 03:56:17 pm »

The ability to set volume level independently for each track in a playlist.  I have a portable player that allows me to do this, and it is a fantastic, game changing feature.  I'm not talking about an accross-the-board "normalize" type setting - which I've never found to work very well - but the ability to pre-set the volume at which each track in the playlist will play back.  Just like manually turning up/down the volume, but pre-set in advance so that you can adjust each track to play at a consistent volume.  I'm sure we have all had the experience of turning up the volume on that softer track, only to have the next track come on and blow our eardrums.  Because of the convenience of this feature on my portable device, I often plug it into whatever device/system I am listening to (even where I am possibly sacrificing optimal sound quality).  I see MC32 is already set to come out - hope maybe this feature was already part of the upgrade. :o     

jsmith967

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #211 on: January 11, 2024, 08:53:04 am »

I'd be interested to hear if the developers are considering adding capture card support so JRiver can process external video devices. I know at least four (4) different members have requested this. How likely is it that this will be implemented in version 32?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #212 on: January 11, 2024, 08:58:49 am »

I'd be interested to hear if the developers are considering adding capture card support so JRiver can process external video devices. I know at least four (4) different members have requested this. How likely is it that this will be implemented in version 32?
It already can via the television feature, it's just not very good at handling some cards

vulture_g7

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #213 on: January 11, 2024, 02:06:42 pm »

The panel needs some love. Ability to move entries up/down in the playlist and remove tracks.

pmgazz

• Recent member
« Reply #214 on: January 13, 2024, 03:01:36 am »

Full integration with last fm to get play count last played etc,
Have asked many times before, as other people have but so far nothing,
maybe one version, but then its a wish isn't it.

mvandyke

• World Citizen
« Reply #215 on: January 13, 2024, 09:01:32 am »

I have a very large library and have put in extensive efforts to gather metadata for all of my audio and video files which have 100's of customized fields.  I mainly use MCUtils, ZRatings, SWOT and Media Human Lyric Finder.

I have many customizations to Tooltips, Theater View and a complete custom interface in Trackinfo which displays 12 separate pages of external metadata representing about 140 custom fields.  For me (and I know many others) this type of customization is where I find the true value in JRiver.  It's taken a ton of time but it's unique and provides the highest value add in my opinion and is a strong direction in which I think JRiver is attempting to expand (Custom Tooltip/TheaterView Screens)

I would like to see the following changes to assist this direction (if supported by JRiver mgmt. and users)

Better DB mgmt. of fields.  Many of my fields (approximately 60) are relational (ex. AMG Artist Biography, AMG Artist Born Date, etc.)  It would be nice to show relational field under the pull down (Tool, Options, Library Folders, Manage Library Fields) by artist, album, series,genre and composer.  Also, all relational fields just by itself.  It would be nice to export all of the fields structures to a csv format (that showd all of the options in manage fields ex. descriptions, flags,save in file tags, etc.) to better manage them.  When you literally have 100's of custom fields, these enhancements would become a big-time saver.

Background for Media Sub-Types customizable in Theater View.  Currently unable to show Artist backgrounds for Videos (ex. music concert video's) in theater view if media subtype is not Movie.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,136857.msg949568.html#msg949568

In theater view if you have a customized field that has a variety of expressions in it, it will not create a "large box" that allows you to scroll through all of the data.  Example one expression field that might have multiple expressions with AMG Artist Born, AMG Artist Died, AMG Artist Style, AMG Artist Biography, etc. and would you not be able to see of this data at once.

Potential to scroll in Tooltip display.  Some data such as AMG Album Review, AMG Artist Biography, AMG Track Review can be very long and it would be great to review this data using Tooltip.  https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,135912.msg942526.html#msg942526

Ability to show Tooltip information on a display with video content.  It would be nice to see the description, budget, rating, producer, etc. of a movie or concert video while the video is actually playing without having to stop the play of the video.  An icon could be added to the center top display (when cursor is used) to show the tooltip.

Consistency between ToolTips, THV and TrackInfo customization.  Example I can use Listitem in TT and THV to display band members or actors but unable to use that syntax in Trackinfo programs.  This is probably a bigger issue that I understand.

A special shoutout to all of the folks that have provided value in my project (and many other people’s projects in JRiver) - MR.C, Zybex, Lepa, English Tiger, JMone and others.  Your efforts have paid huge dividends for us and we all truly appreciate your work.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2024, 09:30:34 am »

New tool to read longitude, lattitude tags and auto fill in the Country, Area, City tags for photos. Likewise, some intelligence to either auto facetag, or at least be able to auto tag which photos have people in them.

Windows share integration to be able to share photos out to any installed app.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #217 on: January 16, 2024, 09:42:44 am »

Two pennies:

1. Unified/Global views. Standard view, theater view, media network (JRemote/Panel), dlna, it's too many different settings when I typically just want to create a view in Standard View and have it show up everywhere. Or at least an option to add it everywhere after it's created.

2. Hybrid smartlists. Drag a track or tracks onto a smartlist and the smartlist should add an OR rule for that specific file (by filename?) so it is added to the smartlist.

+1 for request 1 here

jack wallstreet

« Reply #218 on: January 18, 2024, 08:07:32 am »

A command to delete the current lyrics and force another lyric search (potentially from a different source)
John

jsmith967

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #219 on: January 19, 2024, 06:30:51 am »

It already can via the television feature, it's just not very good at handling some cards

It can apply processing of the capture from the JRiver Renderer, like the dynamic tone mapping for 4K sources?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #220 on: January 19, 2024, 06:38:23 am »

It can apply processing of the capture from the JRiver Renderer, like the dynamic tone mapping for 4K sources?
You can render with jrvr

No capture card I have heard of passes such metadata through, if it did or MC adds support for manually overriding it, then it should work

atreides

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #221 on: January 19, 2024, 10:22:51 pm »

The new cover art Add From File functionality works perfectly, it is no longer a source of frustration like it was pulling up the wrong folders if the artwork folder wasn't named just right.  Thank you to the devs for this feature.  It is so appreciated.  Happy upgrader to 32 here.

Bob Sorel

• MC Beta Team
  • World Citizen
« Reply #222 on: January 22, 2024, 08:30:58 am »

If you could get one new improvement, what would it be?
1. User configurable subtitle defaults.
2. If a second wish is allowed, then it would be to have user configurable refresh rate defaults.

If we must be limited to ONE wish, then I suppose I would describe it as "make all defaults user configurable".

...and some day in the future....Atmos decoding.

Chipicui

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #223 on: January 23, 2024, 02:37:39 pm »

Expose available system midi ports to vst plugins to allow hardware control of plugins.
It would greatly expand the possibilities in a pro usage context.

patientmiscreant

« Reply #224 on: January 24, 2024, 12:47:40 am »

I'd love some help restoring licence lol! Made another post yesterday to try and get some help, I bought a licence in 2020 via PayPal but can't find the original licence key- I've tried reading FAQs but can't work out how to restore/can't seem to find an email to request help- any suggestions greatly appreciated

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #225 on: January 24, 2024, 12:51:00 am »

I'd love some help restoring licence lol! Made another post yesterday to try and get some help, I bought a licence in 2020 via PayPal but can't find the original licence key- I've tried reading FAQs but can't work out how to restore/can't seem to find an email to request help- any suggestions greatly appreciated
It almost always works to ask Google, adding "JRiver" to your search.

Start at the wiki and the topic called Restoring a License.

I'll split this post to a new thread.

DJLegba

« Reply #226 on: January 28, 2024, 07:55:48 am »

Forum thread announcing stable build releases

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #227 on: January 28, 2024, 09:48:20 am »

Forum thread announcing stable build releases
MC32 is on the Download Page now and seems fine.

DJLegba

« Reply #228 on: January 28, 2024, 10:46:15 am »

MC32 is on the Download Page now and seems fine.

I have the latest stable build, 32.0.6. Build 32.0.8 has been announced on the forum, but when I check for updates MC tells me I still have the latest stable version. I'm running it on a headless computer so I have to go back and check every now and then to see when a new stable build has been released. It would be nice to see that announced on the forum so I don't have to check manually.

Antoine.

• World Citizen
« Reply #229 on: January 28, 2024, 01:08:19 pm »

Hi!

I would like to be able to toggle audio streams embedded in a dvb-t video when I'm on a JRiver client (not the machine with the DVB-T card).

So far I'm unable to access alternate audio streams in these conditions.

Antoine !

Server: Windows 10 Pro (64bits) & MC26 - Caselabs Mercury S5 - Corsair HX1000i - ASRock Z97M OC Formula - Intel i7-4790t - 16Gb - Crucial M500 960GB - MSI GTX 960 Gaming 4G - RAID5 : WD Red 4TB (6x) + Adaptec 6805 - JBOD : WG Green 4TB (4x) - Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2200 - Kef Egg.

HTPC: Windows 10 Pro (64bits) & MC25 - Streacom F12C  - Streacom FLIRC - Corsair HX750i - ASRock Z97 Extreme4 - Intel i5-4690s - 16Gb - Crucial M500 480GB - MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2G - Asus Essence STX II.

DangerJP

• World Citizen
« Reply #230 on: January 31, 2024, 08:13:27 am »

A way to control the info displayed in the Playing Now views of JRemote, CarPlay and network media players.

For example, JRemote's Playing Now view displays:
[Name]
[Album] - [Artist]

I wouid like to modify this info to display something like:
[Name]
[Album] - [Artist] with [Guest Artist] feat. [Featured Artist]

Same idea with CarPlay or any network media players (I use old Squeezeboxes and Chromecasts  :))

Thx!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #231 on: February 07, 2024, 03:40:10 pm »

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #232 on: February 11, 2024, 01:02:35 am »

Split HDR

Cinelder

• World Citizen
« Reply #233 on: February 12, 2024, 05:46:54 pm »

Currently, Spotlight lookup won't recognize a title if there are brackets after the title.

e.g. "Citizen Kane" - no problem.  "Citizen Kane (Blu-Ray)" - not recognized.

I'd love it if Spotlight lookup could be set (user option?) to ignore anything following the video title in brackets, or if not, allowing user editing of the title in Spotlight search. 

I can make Spotlight work on such titles by temporarily editing the tag title to remove the bracket, but it's not very convenient. 

Come to think of it, it would also be much appreciated if  "Get Movie and TV" Info lookup could also be set in the same way to ignore brackets after the title, i.e., it would look up "Citizen Kane (Blu-Ray)" as "Citizen Kane"".

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #234 on: February 12, 2024, 05:54:06 pm »

I would strongly advise to not use the [Name] field to store auxiliary information, like the edition or version, but use a separate field for that. You can adjust views to just show both together if desired, but it keeps the data clean and metadata lookups working.
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

Cinelder

• World Citizen
« Reply #235 on: February 12, 2024, 06:46:50 pm »

I would strongly advise to not use the [Name] field to store auxiliary information, like the edition or version, but use a separate field for that. You can adjust views to just show both together if desired, but it keeps the data clean and metadata lookups working.
Thanks, Hendrik.  It's good advice.  I wish I had done that way from the beginning, but I'm now a long, long, way from the beginning.

DocCharky

• Recent member
« Reply #236 on: February 15, 2024, 02:35:58 am »

Separate framerate matching settings for 25 and 50fps content.

I watched a 25fps movie in JRVR yesterday (that's uncommon) and something was off. After a bit of investigation (well, after a Ctrl+J :D ) I noticed JRVR triggered the 50Hz mode. Except if I do that, my LGC2 (light) motion interpolation algo does not kick in, hence judder.

Digging in video settings I noticed that there's only one framerate matching setting for "PAL 25/50 fps".

Obviously I could work around by manually choosing 25Hz for any PAL content, but that's a bit of a hack and that I guess that will halve the framerate of 50fps content (not that I watch any, but still).

So why not just use the display capabilities and trigger 25Hz on 25fps content and 50Hz on 50fps? And only if that's not possible find a working multiple refresh rate, i.e. 50Hz for 25fps (x2)?
Charky

Bob Sorel

• MC Beta Team
  • World Citizen
« Reply #237 on: February 15, 2024, 04:56:17 am »

Separate framerate matching settings for 25 and 50fps content.

I watched a 25fps movie in JRVR yesterday (that's rare) and something was off. After a bit of investigation (well, after a Ctrl+J :D ) I noticed JRVR triggered the 50Hz mode. Except if I do that, my LGC2 (light) motion interpolation algo does not kick in, hence judder.

Digging in video settings I noticed that there's only one framerate matching setting for "PAL 25/50 fps".

Obviously I could work around by manually choosing 25Hz for any PAL content, but that's a bit of a hack and that I guess that will halve the framerate of 50fps content (not that I watch any, but still).

So why not just use the display capabilities and trigger 25Hz on 25fps content and 50Hz on 50fps? And only if that's not possible find a working multiple refresh rate, i.e. 50Hz for 25fps (x2)?

The same applies to NTSC 30/60hz...I made this request a a few times now, so hopefully it will get done soon someday...  :(

TheLastGerman

« Reply #238 on: February 15, 2024, 10:29:55 am »

htnut

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #239 on: February 17, 2024, 12:57:24 am »

Force reconnection of WASAPI exclusive mode when resuming from pause (like when stopping/restarting but not requiring that).

zebm

• Recent member
« Reply #240 on: February 21, 2024, 12:49:25 pm »

Hi.

More functionality in Panel. For example Link, unlink, divert.

Zeb

AVgeekB1

« Reply #241 on: March 07, 2024, 01:57:04 pm »

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #242 on: March 21, 2024, 04:31:41 pm »

I've started commenting on some of these.  Not finished yet.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #243 on: March 21, 2024, 04:48:50 pm »

bump

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #244 on: March 21, 2024, 05:17:23 pm »

My wish is to find a way to stop MC going full screen whenever it is too busy to update the user interface.
I still find it frustrating to have to alt tab out of MC to regain control of my PC.
I don't think we're doing that.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #245 on: March 21, 2024, 06:32:48 pm »

When selecting, Cover Art => Add From File ... the dialog would pull up the folder that the tracks are in ... so you can pick the cover art from that folder, where it would be located 99.9% of the time.
MC should use it if it's there now.

terrym@tassie

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
« Reply #246 on: March 21, 2024, 08:37:46 pm »

When a Cloudplay playlist is downloaded prepend the contributor's name to the playlist name. e.g. Cloudplay_User: 70s Pt1

This would make Cloudplay playlist names more unique and enable me to go back and browse more content from a Cloudplay contributor, I frequently forget where a playlist came from ('cos my memory is like Emmental cheese these days).
" I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours." -Jerome K. Jerome

danbez

• Recent member
« Reply #247 on: March 28, 2024, 12:59:46 pm »

You can render with jrvr

No capture card I have heard of passes such metadata through, if it did or MC adds support for manually overriding it, then it should work

Support for BlackMagic DeckLink Mini Recorder and all JRVR tone mapping capabilities. As discussed in other threads, it would require the injection of the HDR flags as the card doesn't forward them. That's what VideoProcessor + MadVR uses, but it's limited to an old release of MadVR for non-technical reasons.

Is there a way to use all JRVR tone mapping functionality coupled with this capture card, then we have a strong benefit over the VideoProcessor+MadVR solution.

http://videoprocessor.org/

GuitRdone

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #248 on: April 01, 2024, 08:18:10 pm »

Hi Jim-

I would love to be able to tell a smartlist that if there is higher bitrate version of a title, use that one.

A related idea is to allow some if, then, else logic for smartlists. If [title exists] FLAC [don't include] M4A, MP3.

Thanks, Brian
HT#1: Sony STR-DA5400ES, Polk RTi 7.1 speakers
HT#2: MC30, Frankenstein PC, Sony STR-DA5800ES, Polk RTi 3.1 speakers (bi-amped A9 mains)
Id: Original 120GB SSD NUC
Mobile: HIFI Walker H2 and H2 Touch

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #249 on: April 02, 2024, 10:05:23 am »

More granular control of the handheld settings. Ability to view and modify the path of an existing handheld without diving into the database. MCC command for initiating a sync to a handheld id and/or automatic handheld sync. Ability to select a playlist group (installer selection checkbox) for sync such that future playlists added to the playlist group are automatically added to the sync. Confluence of the convert format and handheld sync options and dialogs. Possibly rename handheld sync since it is more powerful than that.

Use case: I use the handheld sync to create various subsets of my lossless collection at various paths in various lossy formats for various devices that I sync wirelessly with syncthing or locally with an inotifywait script. Sometimes I forget which path is assigned to a device (perhaps I could use the path for the handheld name, but I'd rather use the target device's name) and sometimes I'd like to edit the paths. I'd also like to add playlists to a group and have that be sufficient to sync to the device (my playlist groups are per device and named by device) without having to also select the playlist for one (or more, if it's going to more than one target device) device, which is tedious and I often forget to do.

The other thing I've been doing that's been effective but could maybe use some official support are linked smartlists. I create multiple copies of playlists in various per-device playlist groups from a main/source playlist group by using a single playlistid== smartlist rule to create a linked duplicate that updates whenever the source playlist changes. It could be nice to have a "Create linked smartlist" right-click option that provided this functionality to create a smartlist with a single playlistid== rule and the same name as the target (with a nice link icon to boot).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up