INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Make a Wish  (Read 20665 times)

DangerJP

• World Citizen
Re: Make a Wish
« Reply #150 on: December 13, 2023, 08:57:45 am »

No, it's really not.  Because to get the kind of granularity that I'd like I would end up with dozens of views.  In my first post I had this use case example "As an example, lets say I am in the mood to watch a Comedy.  I navigate to my view which shows all my genres, I then choose Comedy.  All my Comedy movies are displayed in their default sorting, which is alphabetical.  Now lets say I want to watch something that's recent, or something that I know that imported into my library recently, or by length, or whatever criteria.  I'd like there to be a "Sort" option in the top roller and then customizable sorting options below that.  I have done a mock up in Photoshop to show how what I envision."

In order to achieve this using your example I would need at least 4 different views for comedy alone.  One for Comedy movies sorted Alphabetical, one sorted by Date Imported, one sorted by year of release, one sorted by duration.  And this is just for one Genre of movie, I would need all of these different views for each genre of movie.

This !
And please add this capability to JRemote :)

winnebago

• Recent member
« Reply #151 on: December 13, 2023, 02:51:20 pm »

Able to select audio and subtitle stream before playing movie will make experience more convinient and hance more enjoyable for sure ... +1 to that

For specific DTS problem, you having - one can specify DSP to decode anything to PCM. Surely PCM is supported by the soundbar. And the process is lossless - aka whether soundbar does decoding to PCM or MC does it - the result is the same (unless you apply some DSP setting on top of decoding).

The only time this wont work if its Atmos or DTS-X ... AND you want those height channels - that only works in passthrough ... but if you dont care about those (or your sound sustem does not support it) ... then PCM rout is a good solution.

Thank you kindly for the +1. I'd like more info on how to set everything to PCM if you have a moment. Can you expand on how to do it? I'd like to experiment. My soundbar is Atmos but it does just fine doing 5.1. I don't even have rear channels. It's technically a 5.1.2 but there are no rear channels. That's the 7.1.2.

I hope others can see the value of selecting a specific audio stream upon the initial play of a video. Chime in if you think it's a useful function.

Peace!

tij

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #152 on: December 14, 2023, 01:27:09 pm »

Thank you kindly for the +1. I'd like more info on how to set everything to PCM if you have a moment. Can you expand on how to do it? I'd like to experiment. My soundbar is Atmos but it does just fine doing 5.1. I don't even have rear channels. It's technically a 5.1.2 but there are no rear channels. That's the 7.1.2.

I hope others can see the value of selecting a specific audio stream upon the initial play of a video. Chime in if you think it's a useful function.

Peace!

I havent touch my settings in years ... thats how stable JRiver have been lol

But from what I recall, JRiver by default decodes audio to PCM ... unless you select "bitstreaming" in [Tools]->[Options]->[Audio] (default value is "none" ... aka MC decodes audio to PCM)

In tools [Tools]->[Options]->[Audio] ... you can also add DSP ... there if you leave all boxes unchecked (ie no DSP applied) ... MC decodes audio to PCM as is (no height channels ... that is only available in bitstream over HDMI)

PS. I might be wrong about settings ... in that case somebody surely will correct me :)
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #153 on: December 14, 2023, 04:40:19 pm »

Proper implementation of DMS tuner usage across ALL machines and apps. Whether it's Windows JRiver Server and JRiver Clients, or SiliconDust native app on various devices, or MO 4 Media App, etc... And, Bitstreaming audio when using DMS tuner method for LIVE Tv on Windows PC's.

This is going to become extremely important when ATSC 1.0 is shut down and JRiver can't do ATSC 3.0 drm/encryption.

-DMS tuner usage between server and clients is not properly implemented. Meaning, MC cannot "see" if a tuner is busy (doing live tv or recording) between machines. Example: If the Server is recording on a tuner and then a Client tries to access that tuner (for live tv), you will get an error message about no tuner available (even if there are other tuners available).
-DMS live tv cannot Bitstream audio.
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

ConradT

• Recent member
« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2023, 08:57:01 pm »

If I had one wish, it would be to have the display view optionally use high resolution images from the cover art file but also maintain small images in the tags for the audio files.  Presently the display view and the library/image column both use the image stored in the audio file's tag.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #155 on: December 16, 2023, 03:53:12 am »

Prompted by https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,137595.msg954520.html#msg954520

It would be handy to add a button that just puts some message into the log which you can then use as a marker to demarcate certain operations

Ie click the button, do some stuff, click it again

Now it's easy to find the relevant snippet of logs without having to reset or anything

Ideally include a counter that increments on each click and is resettable by the user which then means one can demarcate multi step operations easily

For extra bonus points make the same functions available via mcws so scripted operations can be investigated in the same way

harpo

• Recent member
« Reply #156 on: December 16, 2023, 08:58:35 am »

Dear JRiver Development Team,

I am reaching out as a enthusiasts in the audio field with a feature request that I believe would significantly enhance the capabilities and user experience of the JRiver Media Center.

Feature Request Overview:
I propose the integration of a feature that allows the direct import of parametric equalizer (PEQ) settings from text files, specifically formatted as per the standard output of AutoEQ (https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq) and the Autoeq feature available on Squiglink sites (https://squig.link/). This addition would streamline the process for IEM and headphone users who rely on these tools for precise audio tuning.

Example of the Text File Format (Standard Output of AutoEQ and Squiglink):

Preamp: -4.4 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 20 Hz Gain -5.8 dB Q 0.500
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 51 Hz Gain -1.0 dB Q 1.800
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 230 Hz Gain 0.8 dB Q 0.500
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 1400 Hz Gain 1.0 dB Q 1.500
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 2200 Hz Gain -2.3 dB Q 2.000
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 6600 Hz Gain 7.6 dB Q 2.000
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 8000 Hz Gain -10.3 dB Q 2.000
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 8200 Hz Gain -7.4 dB Q 2.000
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 9300 Hz Gain 5.6 dB Q 2.000
Filter 10: ON PK Fc 10000 Hz Gain 6.0 dB Q 2.000

Why This Feature is Important:

Standardized EQ Profile Integration: Many enthusiasts, including myself, frequently use AutoEQ and Squiglink for generating EQ profiles. A direct import feature in JRiver that recognizes this standard format would greatly enhance efficiency and workflow.

Improved User Experience for Advanced Users: This feature would be particularly beneficial for advanced users who are looking for a more integrated and seamless approach to audio customization within their preferred media center.

Moving Beyond System-Wide EQ Software: Currently, alternatives like the APO/Peace EQ stack, while functional, apply adjustments system-wide and can be cumbersome in usability. An in-built feature in JRiver would offer a more refined, application-specific solution.

Attracting a Wider User Base: Implementing this feature could make JRiver more appealing to a broader audience, particularly those seeking sophisticated audio customization tools. It would position JRiver as a more versatile and professional-friendly platform.

Facilitating Easy Transition: For users considering a switch from other platforms or software, this feature would provide an easy and straightforward way to bring their existing parametric EQ settings into JRiver, encouraging them to make JRiver their primary media solution.

The integration of this feature would not only streamline the user experience but also emphasize JRiver's commitment to catering to the needs of audio professionals and enthusiasts. It would enhance the flexibility and power of the JRiver Media Center, potentially setting a new standard in media management software.

Thank you for considering this request. Many in the audio community, including myself, eagerly anticipate the potential implementation of this feature, which would undoubtedly reinforce JRiver's position as a leader in media management solutions.

Kind Regards,
harpo

whoareyou

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #157 on: December 17, 2023, 08:58:04 am »

Option to Change Window Stack Behavior?

The current behavior of the window stack, via the back/forward buttons, is to cycle through every navigated window including any navigation you may have done in a different zone. 

Would it be possible to have option for each zone to have its own navigation stack, so that I see only the windows I've used navigating the current zone?

As side request / question.   Maybe I'm missing it, but is there a way to clear the stack?  If not, how about an option to clear all windows from navigation stack?
Windows 11 Pro
Intel i7-12700K / 32MBRam /
ASUS Dual GeForce RTX 4070
4K Sony x900h

voodoo5_6k

• World Citizen
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2023, 08:00:45 am »

If you could get one new improvement, what would it be?
Although I don't use MC for video anymore, there's one thing that always felt sub-optimal to me. My playback client always had read-only access to the library. But that meant that the "watched" flag couldn't be set in the database. I'd say that having certain fields being editable to the unprivileged user (i.e. a playback client) would be a good thing. Why would I have to grant full access privileges to such a client? Any user expecting a "safe" client without possibilities to delete half of the database could really mess up things here. Currently, I use emby (server running on TrueNAS SCALE, client running on Dune HD Pro Vision 4K Solo), and it can do that. The playback client has read-only privileges for the database and the "watched" can be maintained. It would be great if MC could do that too.

Another thing that sort of felt sub-optimal is the Spotlight button. That certainly is a nice feature for many users. But I don't use it. I'd like to see an option to disable it or remove it from the GUI. Almost everything is configurable and customizable with MC. Why not this? Or is it already? I haven't checked in a long time as I basically only use the IdPi nowadays. MC on Windows is "just" for maintaining my database.

Just a few thoughts... I have bought MC 32 the minute I read the announcement E-Mail :)
END OF LINE.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2023, 08:02:48 am »

In order to have changes made on the server, you have to use authentication on the server.

voodoo5_6k

• World Citizen
« Reply #160 on: December 18, 2023, 08:42:06 am »

In order to have changes made on the server, you have to use authentication on the server.
That's right. But, unless it has changed since then, there's only full or read-only access privileges which is not granular enough. This is about read-only but still track "watched" status etc.

I don't want a regular user to have full database access privileges (for obvious reasons). But I do want a regular user being able to see what the user has watched already. Basically, a media user, being able to access content (which is tracked, e.g. "watched" status), but nothing else. Ideally, one could even limit read access to certain database parts.

In emby, I can grant access to specific libraries (e.g. movies, tv shows etc.), and also what actions the user can do or cannot do (and also limit this to certain devices). My media user has read-only access to all these libraries, but cannot change anything in them (incl. metadata). However, whatever this users watches, is being tracked. Perfect! That's what I meant. Would be great if MC could do that!
END OF LINE.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #161 on: December 18, 2023, 09:53:17 am »

Multiple client accounts, each with their own Filter expression so that we can have a PC for the kids and another for the adults, connected to the same server. A guest account is also useful.

A login panel similar to Netflix, where you can specify if you're the Kid1, Kid2, the adult account (pin/password required), or a guest (optional pass). Passwords to be defined server-side, of course.

Per-account stuff like Watch history, Watched flag, preserve last view, view preferences, etc.

Allow write-back of certain items even in Read-only mode, such as the "watched" flag and history.

Allow admin account to see it all.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #162 on: December 18, 2023, 09:54:31 am »

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #163 on: December 18, 2023, 09:57:47 am »

I'm aware of that. It needs a lot of improvements. The login panel would help a lot, instead of defaulting to the current server-side user.

I think the "watch/listen history" is something that can add a lot of benefit for many users, even those using a single account (the majority). Just record all items started and the respective timestamp and user account/client that started it. Optionally record stop times as well, and add a corresponding View for this. Note that this goes beyond a simple "last played" timestamp. There are workarounds using SetField() on the Play Expression, but that's hacky, limited, and doesn't perform well.

lepa

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #164 on: December 18, 2023, 11:37:26 am »

I agree and would have wished also this if the thread would have been for multiple wishes  ;D

Proper user management with play history, ratings and such like zybex said would be a very useful feature and have been wanting that a long time

winnebago

• Recent member
« Reply #165 on: December 18, 2023, 01:39:40 pm »

Dear JRiver Development Team,

I am reaching out as a enthusiasts in the audio field with a feature request that I believe would significantly enhance the capabilities and user experience of the JRiver Media Center.

Feature Request Overview:
I propose the integration of a feature that allows the direct import of parametric equalizer (PEQ) settings from text files, specifically formatted as per the standard output of AutoEQ (https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq) and the Autoeq feature available on Squiglink sites (https://squig.link/). This addition would streamline the process for IEM and headphone users who rely on these tools for precise audio tuning.

Example of the Text File Format (Standard Output of AutoEQ and Squiglink):

Preamp: -4.4 dB
Filter 1: ON PK Fc 20 Hz Gain -5.8 dB Q 0.500
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 51 Hz Gain -1.0 dB Q 1.800
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 230 Hz Gain 0.8 dB Q 0.500
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 1400 Hz Gain 1.0 dB Q 1.500
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 2200 Hz Gain -2.3 dB Q 2.000
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 6600 Hz Gain 7.6 dB Q 2.000
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 8000 Hz Gain -10.3 dB Q 2.000
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 8200 Hz Gain -7.4 dB Q 2.000
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 9300 Hz Gain 5.6 dB Q 2.000
Filter 10: ON PK Fc 10000 Hz Gain 6.0 dB Q 2.000

Why This Feature is Important:

Standardized EQ Profile Integration: Many enthusiasts, including myself, frequently use AutoEQ and Squiglink for generating EQ profiles. A direct import feature in JRiver that recognizes this standard format would greatly enhance efficiency and workflow.

Improved User Experience for Advanced Users: This feature would be particularly beneficial for advanced users who are looking for a more integrated and seamless approach to audio customization within their preferred media center.

Moving Beyond System-Wide EQ Software: Currently, alternatives like the APO/Peace EQ stack, while functional, apply adjustments system-wide and can be cumbersome in usability. An in-built feature in JRiver would offer a more refined, application-specific solution.

Attracting a Wider User Base: Implementing this feature could make JRiver more appealing to a broader audience, particularly those seeking sophisticated audio customization tools. It would position JRiver as a more versatile and professional-friendly platform.

Facilitating Easy Transition: For users considering a switch from other platforms or software, this feature would provide an easy and straightforward way to bring their existing parametric EQ settings into JRiver, encouraging them to make JRiver their primary media solution.

The integration of this feature would not only streamline the user experience but also emphasize JRiver's commitment to catering to the needs of audio professionals and enthusiasts. It would enhance the flexibility and power of the JRiver Media Center, potentially setting a new standard in media management software.

Thank you for considering this request. Many in the audio community, including myself, eagerly anticipate the potential implementation of this feature, which would undoubtedly reinforce JRiver's position as a leader in media management solutions.

Kind Regards,
harpo

+1

This would make headphone curves so much easier to apply.

masakix

• Recent member
« Reply #166 on: December 19, 2023, 02:26:42 am »

Is frame-by-frame playback possible?

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #167 on: December 19, 2023, 03:06:19 am »

All videos are played frame by frame  ;D

Try:
Shift-Right/Left to move 1 frame
CTRL-Shift-Right/Left to move 1 keyframe

hoyt

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #168 on: December 20, 2023, 11:04:10 am »

Improved flexibility on cover art/artwork for categories in MC.

I refer to a setting that would allow user to chose a specific folder location for artwork assigned to categories.
Example: When a category is defined by an expression, like if(IsEmpty([Artist Sort Name]), [Artist], [Artist Sort Name]), user can specify to look in the folder \Cover Art\Artists to retrieve the artwork for the expression result.

This could work for any categories defined by an expression or a field and be expanded to Genres, Publishers, Countries, etc. (right now the only possibilities are Artist, Album or Composer).
This would help navigation for views based on categories, especially when exported  to JRemote :)

Thanks!

jp

I like this idea. I have "bastardized" the current layers of TV coverart (Series > Season) for other uses, but it has some big drawbacks. I have series coverart showing in sections where I don't want it to because of how I've had to use it in a way it wasn't intended. Being able to define my own coverart hierarchy would be nice.

My example is that I have a lot of live music. So my hierarchy is Artist > Tour > Show Date. I've used the Series layer to store the Tour, but if I have a 2023 tour for two bands (which is obviously true), that coverart shows for both bands, but it should only be applicable to one.

tij

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #169 on: December 20, 2023, 12:07:17 pm »

I like this idea. I have "bastardized" the current layers of TV coverart (Series > Season) for other uses, but it has some big drawbacks. I have series coverart showing in sections where I don't want it to because of how I've had to use it in a way it wasn't intended. Being able to define my own coverart hierarchy would be nice.

My example is that I have a lot of live music. So my hierarchy is Artist > Tour > Show Date. I've used the Series layer to store the Tour, but if I have a 2023 tour for two bands (which is obviously true), that coverart shows for both bands, but it should only be applicable to one.
I already put my 2 cents into this somewhere in this tread.

Meanwhile ... try this

Series (Artist) -> Season (Tour) -> Album (Show Date)

Series/ArtistSeason is nested structure ... so for each Series (thats where you store Artist) there will be separate cover for Season (thats where you store Tour)

Drawback for this ... you will have 2 copies for artist image ... one stored in Artists folder ... another stored in Series folder ... there is plus side to this - those images can be different to add some variety
HTPC: Win11 Pro, MC: latest 31(64b), NV Driver: v425.31, CPU: i9-12900K, 32GB RAM, GeForce: 2080ti
Screen: LG 2016 E6
NAS: FreeNAS 11.1, SuperMicro SSG-5048R-E1CR36L, E5-1620v4, 64GB ECC RAM, 18xUltrastar He12-SAS3 drives, 2x240GB SSD (OS)

Mebobo

• Recent member
« Reply #170 on: December 20, 2023, 08:02:58 pm »

Shuffle feature for all settings. From what I can determine, shuffle is currently only available in playlist mode!

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #171 on: December 21, 2023, 09:26:50 am »

Shuffle feature for all settings. From what I can determine, shuffle is currently only available in playlist mode!

You can shuffle anything by clicking the second button to the right of the playback progress bar.

jsmith967

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #172 on: December 21, 2023, 01:40:35 pm »

My wish:

To be able to use JRiver's renderer to process HDR 4k signals from a capture card, like the Black Magic 4k HDMI. This has been requested and explored some below:

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,131791.msg947995.html#msg947995

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #173 on: December 22, 2023, 02:38:21 am »

Support for more HTML formatting tags for tooltips, such as <right> and <center>. <Table> support would be great for alignment.
Ideally, use chromium or edge as the tooltip rendering engine, thus adding support for a lot of modern layout tags. <script> would need to be disabled of course.

leezer3

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #174 on: December 23, 2023, 02:03:39 pm »

This is related to the Theatre View stuff:

Please allow an image playlist to be used for the background images on the root view.
The Van Gough stuff is nothing interesting.

It's the sort of thing that should be *dead* simple, as it's only hooking in data that's already in the system.

rec head

« Reply #175 on: December 24, 2023, 10:40:42 am »

And it would also be nice to not have to change the images from the default every time we update. I used to do this on MC 18 or 19 but gave up and haven't looked into it since.

atreides

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #176 on: December 26, 2023, 12:30:11 pm »

A wishlist item that would keep me and others from having to use foobar along with JRiver is to output a nice text report as a file in the music directory when doing Analyze Audio.  This is what foobar outputs, and I see people using these text reports all the time.  Most of this info is available in the Analyze Audio dialog box.  But having it as a txt file in the music folder is very convenient.

foobar2000 2.0 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1
log date: 2023-09-19 20:05:13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Analyzed: Bob Dylan / Dylan (A Fool Such As I) Columbia COL CD 32286 (NL) 1991
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR         Peak         RMS     Duration Track
DR14      -0.80 dB   -17.41 dB      3:48 01-Lily of the West
DR12      -1.97 dB   -17.45 dB      4:20 02-Can’t Help Falling in Love
DR12      -0.57 dB   -14.03 dB      2:51 03-Sarah Jane
DR11      -0.38 dB   -16.26 dB      5:10 04-The Ballad of Ira Hayes
DR11      -0.66 dB   -14.98 dB      5:35 05-Mr. Bojangles
DR12      -0.46 dB   -15.15 dB      2:44 06-Mary Ann
DR11      -1.90 dB   -15.65 dB      2:16 07-Big Yellow Taxi
DR13      -0.32 dB   -15.67 dB      2:45 08-A Fool Such as I
DR14      -0.25 dB   -18.01 dB      4:13 09-Spanish Is the Loving Tongue

Number of tracks:  9
Official DR value: DR12

Samplerate:        44100 Hz
Channels:          2
Bits per sample:   16
Bitrate:           714 kbps
Codec:             FLAC
================================================================================

Plutotype

• Recent member
« Reply #177 on: December 26, 2023, 04:44:30 pm »

Subtitle Shift:
Allow to change Subtitle Shift during video playback - mouse free. I would like to be able to shift subtitles in the same  manner as it possible for subtitle size and lip sync, which can be found in the menu during video playback ( down arrow ). Many BD/UHD BD embedded subtitles (pgs) are positioned too high and the user should be able to change it mouse-free, realtime - to match his display and viewing ergonomics in a convenient way.

Subtitle Brightness:
Allow the user to set different subtitle color for HDR and SDR video ( Options - Video ). This is necessary to compensate for various HDR content displayed on displays with different peak brightness. Also allow the user to change subtitle brightness in the video playback menu in the same way I have suggested above for Subtitle Shift - mouse free.

Plutotype

• Recent member
« Reply #178 on: December 26, 2023, 05:27:01 pm »

+1 to the film series in theater view.

Behavior: I am scrolling through movies, single movies show up normally, then I get to Spider-Man and it is a film series folder containing all the Spidey movies. If this is available now it should be easier.

I understand that I may need to manually tag films.

I second this request.

Today, I have to put all movies intentionally under a "series" tag. Its a workaround, I dont think it was intended to be used this way. This puts different version ( VHD rip, DVD, BD, UHD ) of the same movie, parts ( some movies were released on multiple discs - Ben Hur as an example ), sequels, franchise...into one series folder.

Pros: Theater View is much cleaner and navigation is better
Cons: Manual tagging of each movie with series - either same name as the movie or one general name of the series folder such as "Spiderman". Also additional click is needed in Theater View to go "into" the series folder - even if there is only one movie inside.

I hope the jriver team could find a better solution for this.

mlknez

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #179 on: December 27, 2023, 01:44:52 pm »

1. Ability to go directly to full screen playback of video .iso instead of detach, then full screen
2. Support of dsf, dff, mka files in cloudplay
3. Simultaneously output dsd and internal pcm when playing dsd so that pcm only features such as dsp studio analyzer can be used with dsd files (foobar2k does this)
Media Room: LG OLED83C1, Marantz AV8805A, Sherbourn 7/2100, Benchmark AHB2, Studer A80, Studer Revox b795, Nakamichi RX-202, HTPC, exaSound e38, Sweetvinyl Sugarcube SC-2, Silicondust HDHomeRun Flex 4k, Spectrum Cable DVR, Fire Cube TV 4k, 2x Piega P10, Piega Coax Center, 8x Piega AP 1.2, Hsu VTF-15h mk2

Office: Emotiva mini-x A100, Geek Pulse, 2x KEF LS-50, Goldenear FF 4, PC, NAS 180TB

Bedroom: LG OLED48A2, Marantz NR1200, Mini-HTPC, 2x Elac Uni-Fi UB5

Game/Exercise Room: LG OLED65C7, PS3, Xbox One, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Katana, Edison C150

lobo85

• World Citizen
« Reply #180 on: December 27, 2023, 06:19:45 pm »

How about 32 bit FLAC Playback support? I make vinyl rips I'd like to compress better and FLAC1.4.2 has support for 32 bit audio. Foobar2000 and Audirvana have pulled this off as well as newer winamp releases and it would be nice to be able to play these types of files  on this software

Done

Mike...

• Recent member
« Reply #181 on: December 28, 2023, 02:49:03 pm »

I would like to make a wish.

Improve thumbnail generation for videos. Add some intelligence to it. Say, grab a thumbnail after x seconds, like it is now, but also ignore (almost) entirely black or white frames. If I look at a folder of videos in Windows File Explorer, the thumbnails all look perfect. If I look at the thumbnails generated by the application, it's hit and miss. For example, many black thumbnails with a couple of lines of text (opening credits). I can change the seconds value, but that impacts the entirely library. It may work for some videos, but create problems for others. If I could skip ahead (+5 or +10 seconds) a thumbnail on a file per file basis (new right-click action similar to rebuild thumbnail), that would already be a big improvement. But really, the thumbnail generator should ignore frames without any discernable content. AI anyone.

« Reply #182 on: December 29, 2023, 09:25:37 pm »

I wanted the audio spectrum visualization style to be more modern, like foobar2000. In addition, I hope to optimize the small stuttering when audio playback stops. Hopefully it will be adopted. thanks.

SMetzler

• Recent member
« Reply #183 on: December 30, 2023, 04:29:36 am »

My wish would be an up-to-date transponder list for Satelit Astra 19° East. Some HD channels are not found with the current list.

jmone

• Administrator
  • I won! I won!
« Reply #184 on: December 30, 2023, 08:31:57 pm »

Ability to stream the audio to a (single or multiple) audio DLNA device when playing Videos.  Eg use the DLNA device as an Audio Only renderer.

Current Capabilities and Issues:
- Under Audio Device: You only see the physically connected Audio Renderers (no DLNA)
- DLNA Devices show as Zones:  You can link these zones, but a video will then fail to play if any of the DLNA devices in the Group are Audio only (as MC is also trying to send the Video which is not supported).

Current Workarounds:
- 3rd Party Tools:  Using 3rd party apps like Tuneblade etc to capture the local audio and then use it to stream the Audio to the dlna devices.  Cons are it's another app and adds a level of complexity.

Proposal:
- In the DLNA Server config or on the DLNA Device's Profile, add an option that can specify it as "[ ] Audio Only" so that MC would then only try to stream the Audio component to these devices.  This way you can group together a bunch of zones and it should work regardless of their video support.
JRiver CEO Elect

arcspin

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #185 on: December 31, 2023, 02:20:41 am »

I wish that if a multi channel movie is played on a two channel setup that the source number of channel would revert back from two channel to source number of channels.

See my earlier post for more info:
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,133924.0.html

Happy New Year !!!

//arcspin

Hardware: Intel Core i5-8600K 16GB RAM, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 8GB DUAL OC
Software: Windows 10 Home 64-bit, version 2004, JRiver MC 29, MadVr 0.92.17 (Beta 113), NVIDIA driver 457.09
Projector: JVC DLA-I X5500 (RS420, X570R) -
Screen: DNP Supernova 08-85
Processor: Anthem AVM 70
Power amp: XTZ A2-400 for Front & Center - XTZ A2-300 for Surround & Height channels
Speakers: Arendal 1723 S Monitor for Front & Center, Linn Unik for Front Height, Rear Height, Surround & Surround back. Elipson Planet M for Top Middle.
Sub: Arendal 1723 1S

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #186 on: December 31, 2023, 03:27:38 am »

Support for movie chapter support. A long overdue feature.

Thanks

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #187 on: December 31, 2023, 03:32:43 am »

The possibility of creating series and episodes in the “Movies” category and not just in TV shows. “Movies” can also contain seasons / episodes.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #188 on: December 31, 2023, 06:26:54 am »

Automatically convert paths and platform.jmd when restoring a backup into a different OS.
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,137720.0.html

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #189 on: January 01, 2024, 07:29:04 am »

Sidecar files should not use full paths 🙏

Like cue and m3u files, sidecar files should not use full paths.
Simply the reference to the file, i.e. Filename.extension
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Lep334

« Reply #190 on: January 02, 2024, 09:44:46 am »

New here but would love to have capture card ability to tone map external devices. Would be great to ditch videoprocessor and have a program that is actually updated from time to time.  Thanks

Nestor Turton

« Reply #191 on: January 02, 2024, 11:29:17 am »

Really like Audio only mode as I can completely disable/hide anything to do with video.

There are other functions that I should like to disable such as Spotlight. I like a minimal interface, which only shows my preferred view of my music collection. I have mostly achieved this, but there are a few areas I seem to be unable to hide.

atreides

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #192 on: January 02, 2024, 12:32:12 pm »

Really like Audio only mode as I can completely disable/hide anything to do with video.

There are other functions that I should like to disable such as Spotlight. I like a minimal interface, which only shows my preferred view of my music collection. I have mostly achieved this, but there are a few areas I seem to be unable to hide.

If I could disable Spotlight, I would also do so.

MikeO

« Reply #193 on: January 03, 2024, 09:49:19 am »

An app for Samsung TV OS, without investing in more hardware I have to use Plex and duplicate everything.

Make JRemote features closer to the main Windows app, many of us are armchair listeners who miss the main UI features

flac.rules

« Reply #194 on: January 03, 2024, 12:00:58 pm »

Would be cool with a home assistant plugin.

SimplySound

• Recent member
« Reply #195 on: January 03, 2024, 09:36:11 pm »

Perhaps a 'Frequency Response/File Validation' pane like what Audirvana has in their mini-player?  Just wishing!  ;)

dejanm

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #196 on: January 04, 2024, 06:25:49 am »

Either an integration of sacd_extract (or your own implementation that does the same thing). It'd allow the user to be able to extract DSF/DFF files from SACD ISOs without doing any sort of conversion. Could also potentially allow the user to be able to "convert" DFF to DSF or vice versa by unpacking the file and changing only the container (and not the data), to avoid any conversion, especially the PCM conversion in the middle.

+1

bendec

• Recent member
« Reply #197 on: January 04, 2024, 07:18:18 am »

If you could get one new improvement, what would it be?

could you extend the connection time to a remote serveur with wake on lan in order to allow the serveur to wake up properly. For instance allow to choose the retry instance number.
Thanks

bogdanbz

• World Citizen
« Reply #198 on: January 04, 2024, 07:35:12 am »

Added the fifth MC subtitles and audio language bug (this one is a regression from previous MC versions) to the list I already posted in here:
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

I wish subtitle bugs would be addressed, as movies don't come only in one's mother tongue.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #199 on: January 04, 2024, 01:19:04 pm »

It would be useful to add a way to start MC in some kind of safe-mode - eg, if CTRL is pressed during startup, then start in safe mode. This would allow to recover from situations where MC is crashing on startup due to some bad configuration or database issue.

Safe mode for me means showing a startup dialog with some options:
- Select/Connect to a library, or to create a new one
- create/restore a backup
- reset the current View
- disable auto-import on startup
- disable some hardware detection/scan on startup (like TV tuners, DLNA, etc)
- other reset/cleanup options that make sense to you (clear caches, default settings, etc)
- default option: start normally
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up