INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video files under "Audio": Sorting  (Read 446 times)

TristanG

• Junior Woodchuck
Video files under "Audio": Sorting
« on: November 10, 2023, 03:24:25 pm »

After solving the "View-problem", i.e. showing music videos the same way like audio albums in the "Audio" section under "Album", I got a new problem with Gizmo/JRemote2. Since it is a following problem of the first one, I think this new thread is better posted here; otherwise I apologize for not posting under "Remotes".

The sorting in the above mentioned main view was a littlebit tricky, since the titles are not in the right order any more (even in the prior music albums), i.e. not sorted automatically by the "title #" any more. So it was necessary to manually "sort by\user defined\title # (a-z)".

Now, the main view in MC under Windows is correct - unfortunately not under Gizmo / JRemote2 (only the video-albums - the music-albums are sorted correctly). Actually, I've not found a similar configuration under "options\medianetwork\views for JRemote, Gizmo...". There are very few options for these kind of remotes, especially no one for sorting by "title # (a-z)" as far as I can see.

Does have anybody an idea to solve this issue?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Video files under "Audio": Sorting
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023, 11:26:21 pm »

Feels like you may have already been here, but just in case you got to the door but never went through it, all I've got for you is...

Click on: "Options > Media Network > Advanced > Customize views for JRemote, Gizmo, Panel"
In the "Customize Views" window that opens, select the one you have issues with in the list, then click on the "Set Rules For File Display" button.
Near the bottom, there's a "Modify Results" section, and that's where you can apply sorting rules.

I've not been in there for a number of years now, so can't say for sure how, or if, these rules propogate throughout the heirarchy, you'll just need to experiment and see what happens. You can always change it back if the results are undesirable.

You also, after saving the changes in the Media Network options,  will probably need to restart MC and the remote app for the changes to show up in the remote app.

Good luck,
marko.

TristanG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2023, 01:57:11 am »

Thanks for reply.
If you add a library element from the standard view like "Album", you can edit it. But under "Sorting" there is only "Upwards" and "Title" available and both are only related to the sorting order of the albums, not regarding the Title numbers (title #) inside an album.

So actually I tried several rules to adjust the "Album" view for the remotes.

Unfortunately, without success - that was the reason for posting. The titles of the video-albums are still sorted by alphabetically, not by title no. like the music-albums.

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023, 11:04:26 am »

OK, I think...

In "snap-065" below, I've added my Albums view from Standard View. It's "Albums (1)"
I've selected the second "Albums" Category and pressed the "Edit" button, then expanded the "Sort" field to get the dropdown menu of choices. This is where you're at? I will assume "Yes".

Cancel away the category editor to get back to the customize views editor (snap-066) and hit that "Set rules for file display" button.

You should now see "snap-067"...

Ignore my rules. At the bottom, there's "Modifiers". Click where it says "No Modification" and choose "Sort By" from the dropdown list. Set your sort order of choice... Does this help?

Now, here I've run into a brick wall because something I expected to see there, is not there. I expected to see options to "Save/Load" sort rules. You see, when you save a sort preset there, it becomes available in that list shown in snap-065, which is, I think, where you need it. I shall try to find out where the preset options have gone...

TristanG

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023, 01:45:25 pm »

Marko, many many thanks!!!
Actually, the trick was to let the rule field empty and only use the modifier. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up