INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reasons for inconsistent slow reaction from JRemote to JRiver? [Solved]  (Read 1861 times)

gulp

• World Citizen
Re: Reasons for inconsistent slow reaction from JRemote to JRiver?
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2024, 11:46:37 am »

Thanks, but not in this case…it has an own fixed IP that’s not used otherwise. I will see if blocking its internet traffic will help (it’s out of support and since then only usable in the internal network).

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2024, 12:30:18 pm »

I tried to change cabling and switch position for the second NAS, but only disconnecting it, rebooting router, removing its entry and let the router recreate the network entry for this NAS improved things noticeably. But very occasionally there’s still a delay, so its only completely gone when the second NAS is disconnected.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2024, 12:32:09 pm »

Two DHCP Server's running?

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2024, 03:27:27 pm »

The QNAP doesn’t have it activated, the WD Mycloud doesn’t have the option at all.

eve

Re: Reasons for inconsistent slow reaction from JRemote to JRiver? [Solved]
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2024, 04:47:49 pm »

If disconnecting the second NAS 'fixes' this. It may be prudent to see if either the NAS itself is doing something, or another device on your network is accessing it. Beyond like nefarious things, you may have something constantly polling the NAS or trying to read stuff from it, congesting your network.

eve

« Reply #55 on: January 23, 2024, 04:51:02 pm »

I'm not familiar with Roon. Jim says it doesn't do DLNA, and the internet seems to confirm that. So it's playing using a different protocol, so perhaps the player is not loading any cover art with Roon. Does the cover show up with Roon? What about MC? (assuming your player has a display for covers...)

Roon's protocol is called RAAT. It's nothing special, unless they've changed it, it's just RTP. Sort of similar to AES67, with significantly looser synchronization / timing.

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #56 on: January 23, 2024, 04:54:23 pm »

If disconnecting the second NAS 'fixes' this. It may be prudent to see if either the NAS itself is doing something, or another device on your network is accessing it. Beyond like nefarious things, you may have something constantly polling the NAS or trying to read stuff from it, congesting your network.
Good idea…but I have no clue what should…it would be interesting to find out what exactly happens when this NAS is online, but I don’t know how…it’s an old one out of service with blocked internet connectivity, if it’s not easy to find out, it’s maybe not worth it.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2024, 01:34:56 am »

Try updating the NAS firmware.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2024, 03:43:32 am »

If the NAS is connected via Powerline, maybe the powerline adapter is the issue, specially if you got more than 2 on your network - They can introduce lots of noise on the line, causing collisions and affecting the throughput.
Any connecting switch/router can also be a possible cause. Wireless links too, to a lesser degree.

gulp

• World Citizen
« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2024, 04:31:49 am »

Thanks to both of you again!

I can’t upgrade the firmware of this old WD MyCloid anymore, as it’s out of service. Internet acccess (from outside) is blocked by the last firmware for that reason (unsafe).

I have my 2 NAS (the other is a QNAP 264) both on the same switch, connected directly to the router, so a few more potential causes can be excluded. I already changed cabling and switch position, but no change. I might have to give up the old NAS.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up