INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NAS Problems  (Read 323 times)

MrGadget

• Recent member
NAS Problems
« on: November 13, 2023, 02:15:07 pm »

I have experienced several problems accessing files on a NAS through JRiver File Explorer, including  "freezes" or Explorer loosing connection to the NAS.  I discovered that the problems were solved when I renamed a directory on the NAS to remove spaces from the directory name on the NAS and mapped the directory to a drive letter.  I don't know if JRiver is sensitive to spaces in the directory name, or if JRiver does not handle access to NAS drives that are not mapped in Windows.

If you run into issues with your NAS, map a drive in Windows and avoid spaces in directory names.  Doing so, cleared my problems with JRiver Explorer.

I am running JRiver 31.0.80

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: NAS Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 03:31:52 pm »

Try updating your NAS firmware.

Sky King

• Galactic Citizen
Re: NAS Problems
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2023, 06:44:19 am »

I have experienced several problems accessing files on a NAS through JRiver File Explorer, including  "freezes" or Explorer loosing connection to the NAS.  I discovered that the problems were solved when I renamed a directory on the NAS to remove spaces from the directory name on the NAS and mapped the directory to a drive letter.  I don't know if JRiver is sensitive to spaces in the directory name, or if JRiver does not handle access to NAS drives that are not mapped in Windows.

If you run into issues with your NAS, map a drive in Windows and avoid spaces in directory names.  Doing so, cleared my problems with JRiver Explorer.

I am running JRiver 31.0.80

The directories on my QNAP NAS have spaces and I've experienced no problems with JRiver accessing those folders.  Are you accessing the NAS via Ethernet or wireless?
Pages: [1]   Go Up