INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV DLNA renderer repeats same track (MC is controller)  (Read 197 times)

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
TV DLNA renderer repeats same track (MC is controller)
« on: November 15, 2023, 07:21:30 pm »

I'm currently in the middle of upgrading some of my hardware so I am temporarily relying on DLNA to play music from my MC server to my Hisense U8K TV.

I am using MC as the controller and playing music to the Hisense DLNA renderer.

When I start playback of an album, only the first song is played and it repeats indefinitely. Only one track ("01/01") is displayed on the renderer. I can only change tracks by clicking the next track button or double-clicking the next song in the Now Playing list. The stop button does not work, it visually stops playback in MC but the song continues to play on the renderer. The play/pause buttons work but can be finicky and usually won't work after a song has repeated once.

I have read extensively about DLNA issues and have tried every combination of the DLNA controller options to no avail (SetNext, etc).

Presumably MC should be sending the next track after playback of the current track completes. Since it is repeating I can only assume it is sending the same track again.

Any ideas?
Pages: [1]   Go Up