INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound pause  (Read 516 times)

Veniamin

• Recent member
Sound pause
« on: November 16, 2023, 12:08:39 pm »

I ask for assistance in solving the problem of a pause between flac files during playback. I use MC31, files are stored on an external SSD on an iMac and transferred to a Teac NT-505 connected in a local internet network. I control playback via JRemote and all programs on my setup are updated. In the MC31 audio settings, I used different playback options - a file or album from memory, as well as not from memory. This did not affect the appearance of a pause during a continuous transition from one fading file to the beginning of another. I don’t use DSP studio; I transfer files as is without corrections or transcoding. If I play this album as a CD, then this sound gap when the fade-out file transitions and the beginning of the next one does not exist. Also, when using the original program from Teac - XR Streamer as a playback program on the iPad instead of JRemote (it communicates perfectly with the MC31 on the iMac via the network, replacing JRemote), then there is also no pause, the first song smoothly transitions into the second. I can’t find what program settings to ensure a smooth transition without interruption. I would be grateful for your advice.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Sound pause
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2023, 03:21:15 pm »

Veniamin - on the Tools Menu select "Options" and when the options window opens select audio from the list on the left and when the list on the right changes look for the words "Track Change" - Select Gapless from the Switch track: dropdown and then click in the 3 tickboxes just below the dropdown.

Once you have done that close and restart MC and hopefully the pause/silence between tracks will go away
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

Veniamin

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2023, 12:06:43 am »

Dear friend, this was the first and obvious solution, I started with it. It doesn't work, that's the problem. Check it out for yourself, this is the transition from track one to track two on Vangelis' "1492: Conquest of Paradise" soundtrack.

blgentry

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2023, 07:10:50 am »

Based on what you said about your Teac device, it is being used over the network, so it is seen by MC as a DLNA device.  The audio options referenced are not used with DLNA.  Those audio options only apply to directly attached devices (USB, toslink, etc).

You might get more help on this in the DLNA forum.  Or perhaps someone reading this is good at the DLNA options and can help you sort it out.  I remember something about right clicking on the DLNA device name (on the left in the MC interface) and then checking or unchecking "setnext support". 

Best of luck to you,
Brian.

Veniamin

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2023, 08:57:26 am »

Thanks, Brian. I will try.

Ben

Veniamin

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2023, 10:01:27 pm »

Brian, thank you very much, your advice helped, the playback is smooth, without interruption. Do I understand correctly that with this mode of connecting my music database (via the Internet instead of USB), I lose the opportunity to use most of the capabilities of the MC? But, if I am a supporter of the direct mode of playback of the material, as it was recorded in the studio, then this connection mode does not limit me in any way? After all, I use a power amplifier without adjusting the tones, so I don’t need a DSP studio, as well as other settings, only the direct file feed mode. Do I get it right?

Regards,
Ben

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2023, 05:41:52 pm »

DLNA is different, but you I don't think you lose very many capabilities.  There are more complex settings and more places to set those settings.  I have very little experience with it.  I think you'l get essentially the same sound quality from DLNA as from a direct connection.

Someone else might have more specific comments about the differences.

Best of luck to you,
Brian.

Veniamin

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2023, 09:49:24 am »

Thanks again, Brian. For some reason, other experts are hesitant to make recommendations.
By the way, it turned out that not everything was so smooth. When I cleared the checkboxes against all the options in the setting you indicated in DLNA, stops began after playing one or more tracks, depending on the album. The program requires additional tuning, but I do not know where. By the way, where are all these settings described in detail, so as not to ask amateurish questions, but first read everything and try to figure it out yourself?

Regards,
Ben

blgentry

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2023, 09:20:20 am »

The JRiver wiki has the most information in a single place.  Sometimes you'll find there are settings available that are not in the wiki.  In the some cases those settings are either not documented or only documented in forum threads.  In most cases, you'll find the right documentation in the wiki.

Best of luck to you.
Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up