INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update file tag with the track rating in the library  (Read 231 times)

johnkaess

• Junior Woodchuck
Update file tag with the track rating in the library
« on: November 16, 2023, 08:22:28 pm »

Another question about updating tags in files from the Library triggered this question:

I've rated every single song in my library. I use the song rating when i build playlists. I'd like to have the file tag to reflect the rating i've given to a song in my library so that if anything ever happenedm the files themselves would have my personal rating that would then go into the library if i imported that file after some kind of disaster.

I have a field in the file tags which is written RATING in all caps, none of the other file tags are in all caps. I tried using the library tool 'Update Tag from Library' and the RATING field remained unchanged. In my Library the song has 3 stars, in the file itself the RATING tag is 6.

johnkaess

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Update file tag with the track rating in the library
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2023, 09:02:40 pm »

It appears that the Update Tags from Library is working correctly.

However, i use dbPoweramp to edit tags outside of Media Center. In the fields which display in the tags when dbPoweramp opens them to edit, it does not show the Rating which is found in the tag in Media Center, it shows an upper case RATING filed which was throwing me off because it isn't changing when i make changes in Media Center and write them to the tag. It does not show ht Media Center field for Rating.

I guess this is a dbPoweramp issue, not a Media Center issue.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2023, 06:55:48 am »

johnkaess - What you are falling foul of is the simple fact that the Field/Tag Names in the MC Library/Database are Case Insensitive so MC is treating the existing "Rating" tag/field and your "RATING" tag/field as the same field/tag.

However there is an existing tag/field in MC "Rating10" that should allow you to have a "Global" and "Personal" rating for each track. - To be able to use it all you have to do is add the "Rating10"" tag/field in any view you want it available for use.

N.B - Any tag/field you add to MC may not appear in any other tagging program simply because they don't know it exists.
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

johnkaess

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2023, 01:39:00 pm »

Thank you! That's very helpful, and gives me some things to play with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up