INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Special Characters" in Playlist Group  (Read 529 times)

DmitryB

• World Citizen
"Special Characters" in Playlist Group
« on: November 17, 2023, 12:47:34 pm »

This has been an ongoing thing, but I guess I'll keep bringing it up until we can figure out what's going on!

Playlist Groups do not recognize certain "Special Characters" like Ć, Ř, Ů, etc. If I have that letter in the Playlist Group, the Playlist Group does not display any music titles in it. If I change the letters to regular C, R, U - everything returns. This was not always the case. But a few versions ago it started happening and no one seems to be able to explain it.

I am on a Mac Mini with an Intel chip, and am currently on the latest Ventura. MC version is 31.0.83. But this problem goes back several OSes and MC versions.

Interestingly not ALL letters with special characters are affected. For example, Š works just fine! So... what is happening and how do I fix it??

Thanks!
Dmitry

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: "Special Characters" in Playlist Group
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2023, 11:23:19 am »

Can't replicate. I created a playlist group called "test-Ć, Ř, Ů-123" and added a playlist inside it, and it works. Files show up as normal both when clicking the playlist group or the playlist inside it. Though, I'm on Windows.

DmitryB

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2023, 12:08:11 pm »

Yep, others have said they don't have this issue, but nobody can figure out why it started happening to me. (Honestly, don't think that anyone in charge has actually tried.) It wasn't always that way, but has now been happening for a couple of years. Very frustrating.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2023, 12:44:53 pm »

Bob did try it here, and asked you for more examples (you did send screenshots on that same thread).
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,135857.msg942828.html#msg942828

It's strange that other Mac users don't have the issue, must be some specific config in your system.
Try changing the MC language in Tools -> Language.

DmitryB

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2023, 07:49:19 pm »

Yes, I did mail Bob a database, but he never responded again. So I dunno if he saw anything of interest.

I tried switching language from English to English (British) and then Russian (thinking maybe a Cyrillic alphabet would work better), but that didn't solve anything.  :'(

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2023, 01:25:58 am »

The link above is literally him saying he tested your DB (implicit) and couldn't reproduce the issue  :)

You then didn't reply to his request for examples.

Q: Do all the playlists under the affected Playlist Group also stop working, or is it just the playlist group node itself?

DmitryB

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2023, 11:27:02 am »

Oh nuts, I never saw that message! I thought Bob was going to respond to my email and didn't see he posted in the thread; I assumed it was an old message.  :-\ I'll send him a follow-up email. Thanks for bringing that to my attention!

When one of those characters is inserted into a Playlist Group, all albums in Playlist Groups under it vanish. But regular Playlists still show the titles.

(Edit PS: I like how it autocorrected a mild bad word to "nuts"!)
Pages: [1]   Go Up